Kenya Markets Trust is a Kenyan non-governmental organisation that works in partnership with the private sector; non-governmental organisations; county and national governments; associations and other local and International partners to unleash large scale, sustainable market growth by changing the underlying incentives, capacities and rules that shape how market systems work.
KMT is currently working in three sectors – agricultural inputs, livestock and water – and implements some work in these sectors internally and some through local partners. Our working funds/revenue comes from donors and foundations.
The Water Resources Management Technical Lead will be responsible for development and overseeing delivery of the water resources management strategy, provision of the technical oversight and overall management of the WRM team. S/he will provide overall leadership in the development and delivery of WRM component strategies for the program. The role reports directly to the Chief of Party.
- Provide strategic leadership and management to the WRM team
- Provide guidance and ensure timely & quality delivery of the WRM component by Sub Grantees in the program
- Develop innovative approaches to water resources management & conservation financing including Payment for Ecosystem Services (PES) and other private sector financing models
- Develop strategies for watershed operations to meet water supply and conservation goals or to ensure regulatory compliance with clean water laws or regulations.
- Strengthen the human and institutional capacity of national and county governments in developing and implementing water resource management and allocation plans at the local/regional level
- Take lead in reporting, documentation and development of knowledge management products for the Water Resource Management Component.
- Support capacity building of key stakeholders on water resource management at both national and target counties.
Education & Experience:
- Master’s degree in water resources management, environmental science or engineering, natural resources management or other relevant fields
- At least 7 years or more experience in project origination, development, and management and/or financing with specific emphasis on water resources management
- Good understanding of the institutional framework for Water Resources Management and Water Services
- Experience engaging with governments, government institutions, private sector actors, civil society organizations and communities including Water Resources Users Group
- Strong written and oral communication, supervision, and excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power point).
How to Apply
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 22 October. 2021
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ksh10000000 KES 0-ksh10000000 Month
- Address Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya