The Lutheran World Federation (LWF; German: Lutherischer Weltbund) is a global communion .The Department for World Service is the LWF’s humanitarian arm. It has programmes in 32 countries. The LWF is a member of ACT Alliance.
Responsible for the overall inspection, receiving, issuing and dispatch of program supplies of the organization by ensuring the best material handling techniques and stock movement procedures are adhered to while safeguarding damage and pilferages of commodities for the purposes of value retention and distribution to intended beneficiaries to enjoy consumption of products planned.
- Receive materials and supplies, store them in assigned locations and distribute them according to LWF procedures
- Maintain records of all incoming and outgoing materials in all LWF stores in Dadaab .
- Supervise packing, loading and unloading of all materials
- Ensure that only authorized staff are allowed to enter the warehouse and receive supplies or materials
- Maintains an up-to-date electronic record of all correspondence related to purchasing orders, requisitions and Good Received Notes (GRN) and records.
- Inform suppliers on short supplies and ensures all over/wrongly consigned goods are returned to suppliers.
- Ensure availability of storage space and maintain orderliness and cleanliness of the warehouse at all times
- Ensure safety and security of materials
- Prepare monthly stock reports and assist in carrying out periodic physical inventory checks
- Immediately report losses, damages or discrepancies to the Logistics Officer
- Ensures correctness of the contents in respect of the purchase order.
- Receives and inspects the physical condition of consignments and scrutinizes relevant documents.
- Inform the Logistics Officer the expiry date of consumable items stored at the warehouse.
- Update stock and share it with relevant staff weekly basis
- Arrange truck and labourers for loading and offloading the materials at the warehouse
- Diploma in supply chain, operations, procurement and logistics or any other related program, Bachelor’s Degree is an added advantage
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Planning and delivering results
- Handling insecure environments
- Experience from working as a Warehouse Supervisor in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
Desirable Skills and competences
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good I.T. skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Ability to prioritize and plan effectively.
- Awareness of different media agendas.
- Team orientation.
- Respect for diversity.
- Monitoring abilities.
- Relationship building skills.
How to Apply
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ksh10000000 KES 0-ksh10000000 Month
- Address Dadaab, Garissa County, Kenya