The United Nations Human Settlements Programme, UN-Habitat, is the UN agency for human settlements. It is mandated by the UN General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. The Urban Economy Branch of UN-Habitat has the mandate to promote local capabilities of local governments to develop financial instruments to keep pace with the demands of rapid urbanization. The Urban Economy Branch has the mandate to promote plans and provide support for more efficient, socially inclusive, better integrated and connected cities that foster sustainable urban development.
- Under the supervision of the Project Manager from Planning Finance and Economy Section and the Project Manager of the SANITA Project, the incumbent of the post will perform the following
duties and responsibilities:
- Analyze, collect, compile and interpret data (following UN-Habitat methodologies) and on the preparation of a diagnostic, scenarios, concept and strategic plan for the Go Blue Project;
- Prepare materials (presentations, maps, drawings) for workshops with city and county officials and technical staff in Kenya;
- Draft, revise and complete GIS data materials for spatial analysis and strategic vision for the Hola, and Moyale LPD Plans;
- Finalize of SDU and PAD reports and their vulgarization with MUHAT officials at the central and local level, and with the public (capacity strengthening sessions and video).
- A first-level university degree in Urban Planning, or related field that is relevant for sustainable urban development is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in urban planning and design with direct proven experience in drawing and preparing plan graphical material using computer-assisted design tools is required.
- Experience in regional and territorial scale planning will be considered an advantage.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this position, fluency in English and French is required. Fluency in other United Nations language is an advantage.
Click Here to Apply
Closing Date : 30 May. 2023
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ksh10000000 KES 0-ksh10000000 Month
- Address Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya