We deliver open source to the world faster, more securely and more cost effectively than any other company. If you’re interested in a career at Canonical, we are a remote-first company so please apply to any suitable role as skills are valued more than location, despite some having a preferred geographic preference.
The role of a Telco Field Engineer at Canonical
- The telco industry is moving to software-defined services. This transformation is driven by open source software, cloud computing and the move to VNF / CNF approaches. Canonical Ubuntu is a key platform for telco innovation, and we are growing our team of specialists who work in the industry to accelerate the change.
- Canonical enables operators and communications service providers to embrace this new world, with a focus on platforms such as Ubuntu, OpenStack, and Kubernetes, and reusable, high quality automation for operations at scale.
- As part of the Canonical Field Engineering organization, you will lead customers through the design and delivery of OpenStack, Kubernetes, and software-defined networking solutions. Your passion for open-source technologies will enable customers to understand and operate advanced infrastructure substrates to meet the demands of 5G and beyond.
- Location: Remote-based, East Coast USA, Canada and EMEA
What your day will look like
- Match customer requirements to advanced capabilities in the VNF/CNF/NFVi/NFVO/VNFM/VIM/MEC space
- Provide technical pre-sales consulting to Service Provider teams
- Design and implement telco-grade open source multi-tenant private clouds and micro clouds
- Investigate, report and/or fix software defects uncovered during customer deployments
- Demonstrate advanced Infrastructure as code (IaC) techniques relevant to telco
- Architect and implement advanced, resilient Service Provider Cloud and Application solutions
- Design and deliver software defined infrastructure with OpenStack, Kubernetes, MAAS and Ceph
- Learn model-driven operations with Juju charms for Kafka, Hadoop, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, NGINX, and more
- Help customers adopt advanced Bare Metal, Public, Private and Hybrid Cloud solutions
- Learn from customer engagements and drive meaningful product improvements
- Shape our roadmap to accelerate our growth in the telco market
What we are looking for in you
- Python software development experience
- A thorough understanding of the telco NFVi (VIM), NFVO, VNFM and MEC space
- Technical understanding of key telco technologies like CPU Pinning, NUMA, SRIOV, DPDK, etc
- A thorough working understanding of the architectures and infrastructure of MNOs and CSPs
- Working knowledge of Mobile Packet Core, Radio, VAS, OSS/BSS
- Understanding of best practices for open source technology in telco virtualisation
- Working knowledge of Linux, Openstack and Kubernetes networking
- A passion to automate and improve all aspects of open source products and tooling
- Ability to lead complex projects from start to finish
- A collaborative attitude with a keen eye on customer success
- Excellent communication and presentation abilities
- Able to travel up to 50% of the time for events, customer meetings, project delivery
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ksh10000000 KES 0-ksh10000000 Month
- Address Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya