The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisions to be implemented by KRA Management. The Chairman of the Board is appointed by the President of the Republic of Kenya . The Chief Executive of the Authority is the Commissioner General who is appointed by the Minister for Finance. PURPOSE OF KRA Assessment , Collection, Administration and Enforcement of laws relating to revenue.
The job holder is responsible for the management of technical vulnerabilities and implementation of security controls in the organization’s Business Systems. The role includes carrying out vulnerability assessments, penetration testing, identifying security gaps, ensuring that the network, databases, business systems and services comply with the approved policy, best practice, security requirements and set minimum baseline standards.
- Review KRA Business systems for technical vulnerabilities and ensure appropriate safeguards are in to provide mitigations.
- Coordinate vulnerability assessments, penetration tests, security reviews on business systems, services and databases using various tools and personal knowledge.
- Ensure compliance with the approved policy, best practice, security requirements and set minimum baseline standards for the business systems.
- Coordinate development of system security requirements for the various systems at acquisition/development and carry out security tests on the systems before deployments
- Identify, recommend, and configure suitable tools to enhance Information systems security.
- Monitor systems and applications for security issues, vulnerabilities and recommend remediation including patching and upgrades, rules updates
- Attend Change Advisory Committee meetings for enhancement of business operations.
- Ensure compliance to ISO (9001/2015 and 27001/2013) and ISMS and data security requirements.
- Day-to-day information security operations, supervision, reporting, management of performance and development of staff in the function
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or IT related field.
Must have at least one of the following certifications or training in CEH/CHFI/ECIH/CISSP.
Relevant Work Experience
At least three (3) years related IT security work experience in a large or busy organization.
Technical Skills Required:
- Experience in Vulnerability Assessments and Penetration testing.
- Experience in Digital Forensics, cyber security threat Analysis or incident management
- Proficiency in implementation and use of security testing tools/solutions.
- Broad-based IT experience with technical knowledge of Network, Virtualization, Hardware, Storage, Operating systems, and Applications.
- Good command of SQL language.
- Good command of Unix/Linux/windows
- Knowledge in Information security risk management
- Experience in Information Security Management System
- Experience in Project Management
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent listening, communication and presentation skills
- Reliable and thorough with a deep commitment to accuracy
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- A team player
- Ability to prioritize competing work commitments and deliver on time
How to Apply
Closing Date : 20 October. 2021
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ksh10000000 KES 0-ksh10000000 Month
- Address Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya