The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisions to be implemented by KRA Management. The Chairman of the Board is appointed by the President of the Republic of Kenya . The Chief Executive of the Authority is the Commissioner General who is appointed by the Minister for Finance. PURPOSE OF KRA Assessment , Collection, Administration and Enforcement of laws relating to revenue.
The job holder is responsible for the management of IT security operations through management of risks, deployment, maintenance and support of IT security tools and Infrastructure, and implementation of security control in the organization’s IT infrastructure.
- Review Organization’s IT infrastructure for vulnerabilities and provide mitigations
- Support and maintain IT security systems and tools to ensure optimal operations for Information Security tools
- Design and implement Information Security tools/ solutions to reduce vulnerabilities within the IT infrastructure.
- Develop proposals for deployment of appropriate Information Security tools to secure KRA IT infrastructure
- Ensure all IT infrastructure (including desktops, network devices, etc.) connected to KRA’s network have proper virus protection software, current virus definition libraries, and the most recent operating system and critical patches applied in good time to avoid adverse consequences on their operation.
- Ensure compliance to ISO (9001/2015 and 27001/2013) and ISMS and data security requirements.
- Day-to-day information security operations, supervision, reporting, management of performance and development of staff in the function
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or IT related field from a recognized Institution.
Must have at least one of the following certifications or training in CEH/CHFI/ECIH/CISSP or in relevant information security solutions certification
Relevant Work Experience
At least three (3) years related IT security work experience in a large or busy organization.
Technical Skills Required:
- Experience in Vulnerability Assessments and Penetration testing.
- Experience in cyber security threat Analysis or incident management
- Experience in Design and implementation of Information Security tools/ solutions e.g. Next Generation Firewalls, Security Information & Event Management Solutions, Privileged Access Management solutions etc.
- Knowledge in Information security risk management
- Experience in Information Security Management System
- Experience in Project Management
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent listening, communication and presentation skills
- Reliable and thorough with a deep commitment to accuracy
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- A team player
- Ability to prioritize competing work commitments and deliver on time
How to Apply
Closing Date : 20 October. 2021
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ksh10000000 KES 0-ksh10000000 Month
- Address Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya