MÃ©decins sans frontiÃ¨res (MSF) or Doctors Without Borders, is an international humanitarian-aid non-governmental organization (NGO) and Nobel Peace Prize laureate, best known for its projects in war-torn regions and developing countries facing endemic diseases.
Carrying out all activities involving social support to individual patients/survivors and linking them with other relevant support services and communities at large, according to MSF principles and guidelines. Enhancing the target population’s social condition to have an impact on health-related outcomes.
- Conducting social assessments, identifying the social support needs of patients/survivors, including legal, protection, shelter/housing, financial/vocational, food security, and access to medical and psychosocial support services beyond the project intervention scope.
- Supporting the provision of comprehensive care to patients(target groups) and their families, by actively coordinating their work with the other members of the MSF multidisciplinary team (eg. medical, MHPSS) and linking with multi-sectoral services such as protection, safety, security, legal, justice, education, and livelihood.
- Providing direct social support based on social assessments and facilitating referrals to evaluated external re-sources. Provide systematic follow up care regarding attendance of clinical appointments, and following up on referrals made to relevant multi-sectoral services aimed at improving the quality of life of patients/survivors.
- Participating in the creation and maintenance of any material needed for the activities of social workers, including facilities and equipment in order to ensure continuity.
- Mapping and regular updating of formal and informal support services (incl.existing community resources). Assess quality of existing support services, with identification of gaps and advocacy for an improved culturally appropriate social response.
- Maintaining records, statistics, files, and reports on all social work activities and follow up care either provided by MSF or other support services. Identifying gaps in the available services and with the team prioritizing and developing plans following the objectives of MSF.
- Bachelor degree in Social Work (BSW)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Health Promotion Activities
- Essential, working experience of in related jobs (health promotion, project coordination, social research), preferably with MSF
- Experiences working with AYKPs is a plus
Languages: English and Kiswahili
Knowledge: Computer literacy
Competencies: Strong interpersonal skills, strong initiative, able to handle complex assignments with proactive attitude, organized, autonomous and attentive to details.
How to Apply
Closing Date : 27 October. 2021
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ksh10000000 KES 0-ksh10000000 Month
- Address Mombasa, Kenya