Microsoft Corporation (commonly referred to as Microsoft or MS) is an American multinational technology company headquartered in Redmond, Washington, that develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics and personal computers and services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, Microsoft Office office suite, and Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers. Its flagship hardware products are the Xbox video game consoles and the Microsoft Surface tablet lineup. As of 2011, it was the world’s largest software maker by revenue, and one of the world’s most valuable companies.
Africa Transformation Office (ATO) Background
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Africa is one of the best places on the planet to bring our mission to life. It is home to 1.3B people and 54 countries. The talent in Africa reflects a tremendously rich and diverse potential that can truly impact the world over the next few decades. Being the youngest continent in the world with a median age of just 19.5 years, Africa is contributing to +12M youth being added to the global labor force every year. By 2040, half of the world’s young people will live in Africa. Africa’s growth is propelled by being a mobile first continent which is fueling connectivity, innovation, and scalability.
Our aspiration is to transform Africa to a Cloud-first, Digital-first continent enabling a thriving digital economy across Africa while reinventing Microsoft’s digital assets and capabilities to serve the young continent’s transformation needs. With that in mind was the establishment of new team; the Africa Transformation Office (ATO), which will be established and chartered with the following:
- Build strategic, unconventional partnerships with key governments, institutions and enterprises to enable and accelerate digital economy across the African continent.
- Develop digital marketing engines to enable and accelerate Startups and SMBs.
- Plan and land infrastructure enablers and game changers in the continent.
- Enable Africa as a Foreign Direct Investment destination supported by expanding our technologies for MNCs across key industries.
- Manage the 4Afrika initiative and further integrate it to key company programs and engines to amplify its impact.
- Foster digital skilling and job creation to maximize the economic opportunity for the African youth and workforce.
The Partner Development Manager is an important contributor to Microsoft’s partner engagement strategy. Microsoft aspires to offer the most comprehensive, inclusive, and profitable partner network in the industry. The partner business leads this effort in recruiting new partners, building solutions together, creating vibrant routes to market, and selling with impact to our joint customers.
The goal of the PDM is at the start of this journey. The PDM Identifies, qualifies, engage, and enables strategic partners to develop new solutions on the Microsoft platform. With these new partners and solutions on the Microsoft Cloud Platform, we can better provide the right partner, at the right time, to solve customer business challenge.
The PDM is responsible for recruiting new Microsoft Partners in the marketplace. The PDM researches Industry and customer needs to identify where Microsoft has gaps in its portfolio of partners to meet customer needs or, there are opportunities to disrupt the marketplace with new and differentiated solutions and services that can transform business for Microsoft customers. The PDM leads the 360 degree business relationship with companies through the process of bringing new service offerings and solutions to market.
The PDM engages at the very highest level of executives building trust and by developing joint business plans defining Go-To-Market strategies, driving implementation of all aspects of the strategy and by orchestrating relationships between the partners technical, sales and marketing teams and Microsoft’s to achieve sales targets.
The PDM represents Microsoft to new partners, communicates our strategy, sells our vision and brings partners along in the digital transformation journey. The outcome will be to drive application development, long-term revenue, cloud consumption and digital transformation through a set of cloud applications & solutions leading to workload/industry based co-sell. The Partner Dev Manager will work with strategic partners to join Microsoft Cloud Platform and build solutions that will provide a unique expertise and solve customers’ business challenges.
Key responsibilities include:
- Recruitment Strategy and Planning – Develop Partner Recruit Strategy and Compete Plan: research, qualify and analyze potential new partners, articulating market insights about competitors. Create Recruit strategic partners target list based on Recruit Council, Capacity Plan, Industry Solution Categories and Segment priorities. Target list of highest value solution for the territory.
- Build a trusted advisory relationship with partners – Builds expansive network with Business and Technical managers: sharing ideas, perspectives, building trusted advisory reputation within partner team. Create Executive Sponsorship and Relationships to build trust and drive for commitments.
- Build New Solutions – Secure partner commitment to build net-new solutions on Microsoft cloud platform. Evangelize profitability of MS relationship, MS value proposition, quantify market opportunity and align expectations on engagement, deliverables, SLA, programs and services. Coordinate engagement of teams required to enable/skill up partner and manage solution development.
- Leverage and request Microsoft Programs Services to:
•Support partner on launching new solution on Marketplace and ensure solution is discoverable
•Create/execute GTM plan for new solution
•Coordinate with Channel Managers for first customer opportunities
•Supervise partner engagement with Microsoft Programs, ensure SLA and Partner satisfaction and deliverables.
- Drive business growth – Accountable for the growth of the business across the solution area partner portfolio, aligned with the Channel Management & Co-sell team, inclusive of expected partner impact. Drive business performance measured by revenue (usage & consumption), customer acquisition, apps, as well as the support global expansion. Demonstrate account management excellence through high quality interactions with the partner, and through well-orchestrated interactions between partner executives and Microsoft executives.
- Partner Experience – Execute timely and appropriate transfer of partner to partner management teams for long-term partnership, or transfer partner to programmatic assistance when no longer appropriate for PDM engagement.
- Compliance – Personally, commit to generate and protect Microsoft trust by modeling integrity every day and contributing to ethical sales and sustainable growth.
- 5-10+ years of experience in core sales experience, partner channel development, business development, alliance management in the technology industry
- Executive presence and ability to influence business leaders through business value propositions
- Experience with technology platforms and developing new solutions
- Working knowledge of cloud business models & how apps/services are brought to market
- Strong experience of managing virtual teams across functions and geographies:
- Inclusive and collaborative – driving teamwork and cross-team alignment
- Strong partner relationship management and solution development skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort
- Challenger mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, conflict resolution, and follow through
- Bachelor’s degree desired (Sales, Marketing, Business Operations) MBA preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work
How to Apply
Closing Date : 31 October. 2021
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ksh10000000 KES 0-ksh10000000 Month
- Address Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya