Plan International was founded over 75 years ago with a mission to promote and protect the rights of children. The organisation was set up by British journalist John Langdon-Davies and refugee worker Eric Muggeridge in 1937, with the original aim to provide food, accommodation and education to children whose lives had been disrupted by the Spanish Civil War.
- As a leader in the global movement for girls’ rights, our ambition is to take collective action so that 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive. These ambitions require that we work in new ways and unleash our full creative potential. To this end, Plan International has established an Impact Lab to develop and grow the organisation’s social finance approach through the pursuit of innovative financing and impact investing opportunities, and incubating and accelerating gender transformative enterprises in line with the principles of Gender Lens Investing.
- The Impact Lab’s work is comprised of two core workstreams:
- Social Finance Advisory: Advisory support for all Plan International entities to implement social finance strategies.
- Gender Lens Investing: Sourcing of and technical assistance provision for internally developed social enterprise models and/or existing businesses in line with gender lens principles, and provision of gender lens impact measurement.
- The Senior Social Finance Associate will lead the Impact Lab’s Social Finance Advisory workstream, which provides advisory support for all Plan International entities to implement social finance strategies and expand social finance expertise. In addition, this role will provide holistic support, creating and driving forward cross-cutting strategic initiatives across the Impact Lab’s Gender Lens Ventures work.
- The Senior Social Finance Associate will support the leadership of the Impact Lab’s international team. This role will work closely with the organisation’s leadership (GH Leadership Team, National Directors, Regional Directors, and Country Directors) to develop Plan International’s gender lens investment initiative and to build our network within the social financing community.
- In this multidimensional role the Senior Social Finance Associate shall ensure that all internal and external stakeholders have a comprehensive understanding of the scope, capacity and achievements of the initiative. The role also requires leadership and facilitation of social finance activities alongside Country Offices and National Organisations, thereby effectively capitalising on collaborative opportunities to deliver impact at scale.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics or development studies.
- Master’s degree in economics or development studies.
- Significant experience in a leading consulting, investment banking or private equity firm.
- Experience in social finance, impact investing, venture capital or private equity.
- Strong working knowledge of social finance trends, impact investing and investment vehicles in international development context.
- In-depth understanding of the international development funding sector, including bilaterals, multilaterals, foundations, and the private sector.
Closing Date : 4 June. 2023
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ksh10000000 KES 0-ksh10000000 Month
- Address Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya