Equity Bank Limited (The “Bank”) is incorporated, registered under the Kenyan Companies Act Cap 486 and domiciled in Kenya. The address of the Bank’s registered office is 9th Floor, Equity Centre, P.O. Box 75104 – 00200 Nairobi. The Bank is licensed under the Kenya Banking Act (Chapter 488), and continues to offer retail banking, microfinance and related services. The Bank has subsidiaries in Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan, Rwanda and Tanzania. Its shares are listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange and Uganda Securities Exchange. Equity Bank was founded as Equity Building Society (EBS) in October 1984 and was originally a provider of mortgage financing for the majority of customers who fell into the low income population. The society’s logo, a modest house with a brown roof, resonates with its target market and their determination to make small but steady gains toward a better life, seeking security and advancement of their dreams.
Equity Group Foundation (EGF) is a corporate foundation of Equity Group Holdings Plc. It was created in 2008 to undertake the social investment work of the bank. It focuses on six critical thematic areas; Agriculture, Education & Leadership Development, Energy & Environment, Entrepreneurship, Financial Education & Inclusion, and Health.
The senior officer will be responsible for coordinating all projects and programs falling under climate smart agriculture and water.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Create awareness and advice institutions on the available renewable energy, energy efficiency, and water solutions from Equity to the clients.
- Focus on transitioning learning institutions and hospitals into clean energy for cooking and lighting, but also promote other solutions such as water harvesting & storage, solar water heating and waste management
- Be the focal point and the link person between the technology providers, institutions and the bank and working closely with the relevant units with the bank to ensure that the institutions are supported to access loans for conversion
- Coordinate site visits to institutions, participate in pitching of the clean energy solutions.
- Working closely with the Manager and the Pillar Head, maintain excellent relationship with the technology partners and the institutions
- Ensure that the technology partners are consuming bank products such loans, deposits, payments and insurance and always seeking support from the bank to cross sell the bank’s products and services within the partners ecosystems
- Conducting market intelligence on emerging trends institutional clean energy and advice the pillar accordingly on market opportunities
- Provide the link between the Pillar and the commercial engine and coordinate execution of projects through the bank as well as maintain an excellent working relationship between EGF, the Bank and the partners.
- Linking institutional partners to specific departments to facilitate customer satisfaction in service delivery
- Coordinating and carrying out training and capacity building activities internally for staff and externally for partners and customers on institutional clean energy
- Production of monthly progress reports as per the set targets
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- University degree
- Conducting training in climate finance and environmental resource management or related courses will be an added advantage
- Experience in energy, banking, education and hospitality sector
- At least two years’ work experience in a reputable related field providing advisory services and/or project management.
- Team Player
- Takes initiative
- Organized and with good planning skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer operations, software and/ or application development/ programing.
- Training and facilitation skills
How to Apply
Closing Date : 30 October. 2021
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ksh10000000 KES 0-ksh10000000 Month
- Address Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya