Palladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organisations.
You and Your Career:
- If you have a passion for delivering software solutions, working on projects with a global reach, and always taking an interest in emerging technologies in order to bring fresh ideas forward and more productive ways of working we are interested in hearing from you.
- We are a learning organization and provide growth opportunities from the start. We pride ourselves on giving you the freedom, resources, and guidance to chart a fulfilling career!
Reporting and Supervision:
- This position will report to the Lead software developer.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in development life cycle activities such as design, coding, testing, and production release, delivering high-quality code in an agile team environment
- Champion new technologies and enforce the best development patterns and practices and promote these to the wider Team
- Provide technical guidance and implementation of digital solutions design and development global best practices
- Develop best practices for digital solutions, maintenance, reporting and security
- Develop and execute manual and automated tests to validate software functionality, reliability, and performance
- Collaborate with other developers to ensure that software products are built with testability in mind
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Adhere to high-quality less rework development principles while delivering on time and on scope
- Responsible for maintaining Up-to-date repositories of the assigned systems
- Leverage knowledge and contribute to proper knowledge management within the team
- Keep abreast with emerging technologies in software engineering
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Contribute to active proposals through contributions to strategy and preparation of technical approach and capability statements
Key Competencies Required:
- Experience developing scalable and secure web and mobile applications
- Experience designing and optimizing database schemas
- Well documented relevant experience in multiple roles in the Information systems domain (application development, data engineering, Data Warehousing, ETL etc.)
- A firm understanding and practical experience in tools and processes to ensure software quality, such as Unit Tests, TDD and Test Automation
- Excellent understanding and deployment of virtualization and containerization technologies.
- Experience in designing solutions incorporating cloud components, including PaaS and SaaS solutions
- Understanding of DevOps pipeline impact on product management and user experience (UX)
- Experience in development and implementation of data analytics and visualization solutions
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and tools such as JIRA and Confluence
Professional Expertise/Competencies Preferred:
- Proficiency in programming languages, libraries, and frameworks such as C#, Java, Python, PHP, Android, React, Node.js, Angular, Vue, and others commonly used for web and mobile applications, APIs, and microservices
- Experience with Selenium, WebDriver, TestNG, JUnit, or other automated testing tools and frameworks
- Should have strong knowledge and experience in CI/CD tools like ANT, Maven and Jenkins
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ksh10000000 KES 0-ksh10000000 Month
- Address Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya