Kenya Airways, the leading African airline flying to more African destinations than any other carrier, takes pride in being at the forefront of connecting Africa to the world and the World to Africa through its hub Nairobi Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
- This job exists to guard and maintain the KQ brand Integrity, drive Customer Preference and loyalty to grow brand love, analyse markets and propose strategies; implement those strategies through market research, product development and advertising while at the same time involving KQ in sustainable community development within the KQ network. This role is also responsible for developing and implementing corporate marketing strategies that focus on demand and lead generation Globally. You will drive customer preference and loyalty to KQ brand by analyzing, proposing and implementing relevant marketing growth strategies within the assigned globally through online and offline marketing. Your product portfolio includes the full range of the KQ Brand and sub brands (KQ Pride, KQ Maintenance & Engineering, KQ holidays, KQCharters among the others).
- Manage brand and advertising by creating, overseeing, and promoting KQ brand, products, and services, to drive customer preference and loyalty thus generating increased revenue.
- Manage the KQBrand across the product Portfolio (Brand Custodian)
- Plan andexecute brand look and feel to ensure consistency throughout KQ productPortfolio.
- Implement andalign the advertising strategy to the brand and, positioning, and messaging,naming and collateral for new and existing products and services.
- Direct mediastrategies and execution of plans thereof to ensure right Brand messages andunderstanding of KQ products and services by customers and other stakeholders.
- Planning andexecuting periodic customer surveys to develop insights for business growth.
- Develop andimplement brand and advertising strategy, positioning, and messaging, namingand collateral for new and existing products and services.
- Working closelywith the Marketing & Communications team to ensure KQ brand presence withinthe regional markets including regular audits that ensure product and brandintegrity in line with the brand manual/ standards.
- Define, design, develop and implement marketingstrategies, to drive brand awareness, customer preference &loyalty,corporate revenues via omnichannel within the assigned territory.
- Work with stakeholders (sales director, head of PRM& their staff, Communications team, brand manager) to establish marketinggrowth strategies to support the assigned regions’ revenue goals.
- Work with stakeholders (Brand, communication,research, loyalty and digital commerce teams) to plan strategic brandinitiatives aligned to the corporate strategy, within the assigned region.
- Evaluate market trends and competitor intelligenceacross various platforms to ensure strategies are aligned to market conditions.
- Report in writing the performance on the variouscampaigns and their impact on the bottom-line. (M& E).
- Design and implement creative strategies and mediaexecutions (360 view) with agency partners.
- Set and achieve KPIs for online and offlinechannels within the assigned region.
- GuidesBrand application across the product range with clear support for IFE,Catering, Fleet and Duty free.
- Recommendthe nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing productspecifications and requirements, appraising new product ideas and/or product orpackaging changes.
- Assessesmarket competition by comparing the company’s product to competitors’ products.
- Obtainsproduct market share by working with the Head of Marketing to develop productcommunication strategies.
- Managesand executes new route launches by developing time-integrated plans with sales,advertising, and production.
- Workwith the Company’s senior leadership and product/service management teams todefine, launch and drive Kenya Airways’ next generation product solutionstargeting various consumer segments.
Demand Creation and Market Stimulation (CorporateMarketing)
- Lead the development and implementation of marketing plansaligned to the assigned regions objectives, providing inputs and local insightsto ensure relevance to market context and working with regional stakeholders(General managers, PRM, digital commerce).
- Drive promotional activities through an IMC approach toachieve laid out objectives.
- Plan and propose efficient media channels and buys (bothoffline and online) to achieve required efficiencies and reach for the assignedregion.
- Work with research to plan and monitor campaign and channelperformance with the aid of tracking tools and propose relevant actions toensure assigned objectives are met.
- Provide regional sales with aids and tool kits toeffectively market KQ brand within the assigned region.
- Ensure optimal exposure of direct first is established asthe preferred channel in the assigned region.
- Ensure effective cross selling of other KQ products withincampaigns, in the assigned region.
- Monitor day to day in market campaigns in the assignedregion, ensuring the team is aligned with the brand guidelines, processes,timelines and provides regular tracking and reporting.
- Develop annualglobal Brand & Sustainability cost centre budgets.
- Monitor andcontrol the individual cost centre budget.
- Seekpartnerships that will ensure efficient budgetary utilization.
- Prepare and implement brand/advertising budgets aswell as monitor to ensure expenditure is in line with the company businessplan.
- Strategic positioning of KQ Brand inthe regions
- Brand management & visibilityacross retail network wide
- Regional media influencing and brandendorsement.
- Corporate Event Management – leverageto communicate the brand in the region.
- Corporate Partnerships management
- Work closely with research, marketing& communication to execute research that will help understand how to handlecompetition. SOV, Brand Health & Brand Awareness
- Hold regular meetings and 1:1 withRegional/Country Managers and GSA to exchange ideas as well as corporatedirection and expectations in relation to marketing.
- Jointly with Marketing andCommunication Manager identify & implement Sustainability initiativeswithin the network in line with the KQ focus areas.
- Manage dedicated Marketing and BrandManagers
- Set and cascade KPIs to team members,ensuring clear understanding of deliverables.
- Identify and recommend appropriate developmentinterventions (training and other initiatives) for individual staff that workunder you, ensuring these interventions are well captured in the employee’sappraisals for alignment with the HR support manager.
- Ensure team members are compliant andunderstand KQs safety, security and health requirements, expectations throughrelevant provisions (induction, iLearn, Training, KQ world)
- Ensure team members compliance aroundconfidentiality, security and protection of KQ’s internal information handledduring day-to-day duties, is maintained from unauthorized access, disclosure,destruction, corruption, inspection, recording or modification.
- Universitygraduate preferably in Marketing or relevant business related degree
- 8 years’experience in a dynamic Market environment minimum 3 of which should be in aleadership marketing and brand position
- PostgraduateDiploma in Marketing
- Membership/Certification– Relevant marketing bodies
- Excellentnegotiation, communication interpersonal and people skills
- Excellentorganizational, planning and analytical skills
- Good knowledgeof Marketing operating environment
- Good knowledgeof international parameters affecting marketing
- Strongproficiency in use of IT
Closing Date : 6 June. 2023
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ksh10000000 KES 0-ksh10000000 Month
- Address Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya