KPMG is a professional service company, being one of the Big Four auditors, along with Deloitte, EY and PwC. Seated in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, KPMG employs 174,000 people and has three lines of services: audit, tax, and advisory.
Description of the role and purpose of the job:
The purpose of this role is to perform the duties of an SAP Solution Architect within KPMG Advisory locally and as part of the wider Africa market.
The successful applicant will be a platform Architect and a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in SAP solutions. This is a key role, and the applicant would be accountable for the delivery of a robust and scalable enterprise-wide platform architecture that will deliver on client’s strategic objectives and will ensure that solution architecture is developed in alignment with the Enterprise Architecture and Functional design of client requirements.
The successful candidate will engage with KPMG member firms in different African countries.
Candidates should have a passion for exploring how SAP solutions can solve our clients’ practical business problems in a cost-effective way. Candidates should also be committed to working with KPMG teams to help ensure that the envisioned SAP solution is delivered on time, on budget and at the required level of quality.
Key job duties or responsibilities
- Articulates deep knowledge of the SAP platform and solutions.
- Maintains a particular strength in identifying what can be delivered out of the box and when it is fitting to use custom development.
- Assesses the systems architecture currently in place and works with technical staff to continually improve it.
- Maintains knowledge of third-party software vendors to leverage complementary offerings and effectively compare solutions.
- Provides regular updates on any developments in system architecture projects.
- Ability to successfully communicate complex topics regarding solutions and related projects to audiences both with and without deep technical skills.
- Communicates effectively with clients, leads meetings and workshops.
- Research current and emerging technologies and proposes changes where needed.
- Defines scope and owns estimates for sales proposals and statements of work.
- Can assess and compare the business impact of relevant technical implementation options.
- Articulate the benefits and features of SAP products and services.
- Engage in face-to-face client interaction to drive opportunities forward, as guided by the business development senior manager.
- Brings credibility in terms of SAP product knowledge.
- Support development of response to proposals and assist with sales presentations.
- Ensures end-to-end solution cohesion and correctness.
- Designs and takes responsibility of the governance for an integrated system that meets the client’s vision.
- Owns the specifications and requirements into the systems architecture.
- Facilitates discussions with business and technical stakeholders to translate the critical business requirements.
- Present a technical vision and solutions in the form of SAP products, customizations, and integrations.
- Provides insight on current best practices and solution alternatives as part of functional or technical design.
- Provides leadership and guidance to the team throughout the implementation to ensure accurate delivery of project plans.
Critical Interpersonal or Interactive skills
- In-depth experience and sound knowledge of SAP Methodologies, technologies and testing tools.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and writing to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Must be outcomes and deliverables focused, and able to meet deadlines.
- Strong organisational, project management and leadership skills.
- Proficient at working in diverse multi-national teams.
- Ability to multitask and remain calm under pressure.
- Must be proactive and be able to work with certain level of autonomy.
- Coaching and mentoring of junior staff.
- Previous experience of working in a global consulting firm and/or familiarity with the services provided.
- The ability to combine consulting and SAP offerings to solve client needs on a technical and solution-focused level.
- Previous experience in navigating an alliance between a technology partner and a system implementor/consulting firm while implementing relevant client-focused solutions.
Minimum requirements to apply for the role:
- Degree in Information Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in implementing and leading SAP projects.
- Experience implementing technology solutions that drive functional transformation.
- Understanding of the ERP project life cycle and supporting activities.
- Experience in leading and delivering end to end solution implementations using SAP platform.
- Relevant SAP certifications needed.
Closing Date : 5 July. 2023
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ksh10000000 KES 0-ksh10000000 Month
- Address Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya