The Judiciary is one of the three State organs established under Chapter 10, Article 159 of the Constitution of Kenya. It establishes the Judiciary as an independent custodian of justice in Kenya. Its primary role is to exercise judicial authority given to it, by the people of Kenya. The institution is mandated to deliver justice in line with the Constitution and other laws. It is expected to resolve disputes in a just manner with a view to protecting the rights and liberties of all, thereby facilitating the attainment of the ideal rule of law. The Judiciary and its related institutions (Judicial Service Commission (JSC), Kenya Law; previously National Council for Law Reporting (NCLR), Tribunals and the Judiciary Training Institute (JTI) perform the following functions; 1. Administration of justice 2. Formulation and implementation of judicial policies 3. Compilation and dissemination of case law and other legal information for the effective administration of justice
For appointment to this position, the applicant must have: –
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Business Administration or any other recognized equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Professional Certification as Certified Public Accountants of Kenya(CPA K) or Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA) or Risk Management or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Membership to professional body with Good Standing;
- A Senior Management Course or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in Computer Applications; and
- Meets the Requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
- Minimum three(3)years relevant work experience;
- At least one(1)year at Supervisory Management Level.
Job Core Competencies
- Good Interpersonal and Communication skills;
- Supervisory and Problem-solving skills;
- Confidentiality and High Integrity;
- Hands-on and Results Oriented;
- Ability to work under pressure; and
- Merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing an annual Risk and Compliance Review Plan to be approved by the Audit, Governance and Risk Management Committee;
- Reviewing compliance with existing laws, regulations, policies, plans and procedures, accounting pronouncements, contractual obligations, circulars and guidelines;
- Preparing reports for all risk and compliance assessments undertaken and submit for review and approval;
- Follow up on the implementation of Risk and Compliance assessments findings and ensure recommendations made are implemented;
- Training and sensitizing judicial officers and staff in risk management and compliance;
- Preparing a consolidated Judiciary Risk register and ensure that it is regularly updated;
- Coordinate statutory and external risk and compliance reviews
- Carrying out investigations as requested by management, or red flags noted and recommend prompt corrective measures.
How to Apply
Closing Date : 29 October. 2021
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ksh10000000 KES 0-ksh10000000 Month
- Address Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya