Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people. The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.
Under the overall supervision of the Senior Regional Policy & Programme Coordinator and the direct supervision of the Regional Migrants Response Plan (MRP) Coordinator and the technical supervision of Regional Data Hub Information Management Officer (RDH IMO), and in close coordination with all the Regional Thematic Specialists at the Regional Office for East and Horn of Africa in Nairobi, the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the reporting and information management support functions to the implementation of the Migrants Response Plan.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Support the MRP Coordinator with the implementation of the MRP RO managed projects and coordination functions for the MRP framework. In particular:
- Support data collection, data management, data analysis, reporting and information exchange activities with MRP partners. for developing the annual response plans.
- Support the development of tools and coordination with partners to collate and analyze the mixed migration data s to support the evidenced based planning.
- Provide support in the training of the partners on the data tools; including assisting with the development of materials and presentations for the training and maintain a client-oriented support for resolving technical issues and providing user support.
- Assist in establishing data collection mechanisms, developing tools and coordination with partners to collect data and implement quality control measures for monitoring and reporting on the MRP achievements in terms of programme outputs and funding received from the donors in line with the monitoring and framework.
- In close collaboration with the MRP coordinator, IOM Country MRP focal points and partners, publish situation reports on MRP activities as well as other relevant and appropriate visibility and information products/materials on a regular basis.
- Assist in the consolidating country-based information to ensure consistency and coherence across countries in the region, and support in the supervision of data collection processes and the overall data management activities including encoding, storing, and transferring data as well as processing and support in the analysis of the collected data and information locally.
- Ensure timely preparation and design of MRP briefings, support on information sharing and dissemination to all relevant channels.
- Participate in the partner consultations and information forums for developing various indicators and data standards for the data required for developing the knowledge base and measuring the achievements of multi-year response strategy and annual response plans of MRP framework.
- Work with the MRP coordinator to conduct data reviews and analysis using meaningful statistical methods for preparing concisely synthesized analysis visualized in maps, charts, illustration, presentations for developing the knowledge base for partner consultations to support the strategic planning.
- Assist the MRP coordinator to facilitate the creation of interagency relationships and opportunities for cooperation at the country-level and regional level.
- Provide information management support to the joint/harmonized needs assessments with MRP partners. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in Social and Political Sciences, Communications, Information Management, Computer Science or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in Information Management, emergency humanitarian operations; management and coordination of information flows, data management including collection, storing, processing, and analysing data to generate information products;
- Experience in mixed migration analyses, root causes and drivers is required;
- Demonstrated ability for leadership in the context of partnership building andconsensual decision-making;
- Proven skills to analyse statistical information;
- Ability to formulate IM-related technical requirements and Operating Procedures;
- Ability to translate planning-specifications into technical briefs for data capture and analysis, and vice versa;
- Ability to compile and holistically analyse diverse datasets;
- Experience with handling confidential data;
- Demonstrated teambuilding and information management skills;
- Demonstrated understanding of different data collection methodologies;
- Knowledge and understanding of relational data theory;
- Experience in advanced data visualization and information design skills.
- Excellent writing and communication skills; ability and proven track record to prepare and present clear and concise research papers and reports in English
- Strong analytical and creative thinking skills;
- Strong coordination and negotiation skills
- High computer literacy; familiarity with standard word processing, spreadsheet, database, publishing, internet research, and e-mail communication
- Personal commitment, flexibility, efficiency and drive for results; ability to perform research and make effective decisions under time pressure;
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds;
- Ability to work with a wide cross-section of research partners: Government, NGOs, communities, academic institutions, media and international donors.
- Excellent command of English (oral and written).
- Proficiency in French will be an advantage.
How to Apply
Submit your technical and financial proposal with examples of past, relevant research on soft copies, CV, copies of relevant documents and Application with three professional referees (previous and current supervisors), and their contacts (both email and telephone) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 24 October. 2021
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ksh10000000 KES 0-ksh10000000 Month
- Address Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya