Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people. The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.
Under the overall supervision of the Senior Regional Policy & Programme Coordinator, the direct supervision of the Regional Data Hub (RDH) Coordinator and in close coordination with the Regional Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the core migration data intiatives of the RDH, including: the analysis and research of mixed migration movements across the region; the packaging and dissemination of the RDH products; and capacity development activities on migration data at the national and regional level.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Support the analysis and validation of mixed migration data collected at various points along the migration journey: en route, stranded or in need of assistance, voluntary and forced returns, humanitarian evacuations, and return and reintegrated migrants.
- Contribute to research, analysis, and report on mixed migration data, and support designing the information management (IM) products and their dissemination to both a technical and non-technical audience.
- Conduct data verification, triangulation and validation through multiple sources, both primary and secondary (including media monitoring, local authorities, network of key informants).
- Support the Displacement Tracking Matrix Flow Monitoring activities through reporting and analysis, editing, publication and dissemination of relevant products.
- Support in drafting thematic research, designing survey methodologies, and monitor field operations of data collection efforts in close coordination with the RDH team.
- Support to implement capacity development initiatives on migration data in close collaboration with National Statistical Offices and Regional Economic Communities.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION,SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Advanced degree from an accredited academic institution in a field of study related to social science, economy, information management, or other relevant disciplines with one year of relevant professional experience.
- Excellent research, writing, communication and analytical skills;
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports;
- Client Orientation;
- Continuous Learning;
- Creativity and Initiative;
- Planning and Organizing;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
- Incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
- Technological Awareness;
- IT skills, especially Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Cloud (a great command of Excel, InDesign and Illustrator is a strong advantage).
Fluency in English is required (oral and written). Knowledge of French is advantageous.
How to Apply
Submit your technical and financial proposal with examples of past, relevant research on soft copies, CV and a cover letter indicating the Position Title and Vacancy Number with three professional referees (previous and current supervisors), and their contacts (both email and telephone) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 31 October. 2021
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ksh10000000 KES 0-ksh10000000 Month
- Address Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya