The Save the Children Fund, commonly known as Save the Children, is an international non-governmental organization that promotes children’s rights, provides relief and helps support children in developing countries
- Save the Children is evolving its organisational structure in order to stay true to its mission, vision and values, whilst being able to withstand external pressures – be those geo-political demands; increasing stakeholder expectations; challenging funding environments; or declining trust in large INGOs. This is driven through our ambitious transformation agenda.
- Our focus is on championing the rights and interests of children worldwide, putting the most vulnerable children first and to do this we need to ensure we effectively connect with the children and families we support as well as the communities and partners we work.
- The Project Lead (Digital Data Collection) sits within the Digital Programming team at Save the Children International, which is responsible for leading the digital transformation of our work with children. This forms a central pillar of our strategy to deliver a greater impact to far more children in the 120 countries in which we work. The Digital Programming team is putting in place the processes, platforms, tools and resources that enable Save the Children staff to design, deliver and scale safe, high quality digital programmes.
- Data collection is a critical activity which occurs with high frequency across Save the Children countries. Our 2022-24 strategy references the paramount important having the “right data in the right place”. Our ambition is to transform how data collection is carried out across the organisation through the global roll-out of standard digital tools and platforms which will mitigate data protection risks, generate significant efficiency gains, and – crucially – greatly enhance our ability to generate insights, assess our effectiveness and hold ourselves to account for the impact we deliver. It is the role of the Project Lead (Digital Data Collection) to help Save the Children achieve this ambition.
- To be successful, the Project Lead (Digital Data Collection) should be open to rolling up their sleeves and getting into the nuts and bolts of the organisation. They should also welcome the challenge of driving a digital transformation in an environment with lots of ambiguity and insufficient data but with huge potential to make a positive difference to the lives of millions of children.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- A successful track record of managing large and complex projects for global organisations that include systems, processes and operating model changes
- Extensive experience leading the implementation and ongoing management of data collection and case management tools, ideally in a development or humanitarian context
- Demonstrable experience and in-depth knowledge of programme and project practices and standards
- Experience leading an innovative project to deliver an outcome that has not previously been accomplished elsewhere in the sector
- A proven ability to deliver projects on time / on budget, using project management processes and tools including risk management, benefits management, financial management and quality assurance
- A proven ability to apply excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and to work collaboratively to deliver effective solutions to project related issues. This may include taking on hands on analysis activities to support the wider team as required
- Highly developed organisational awareness and ability to understand any sensitivities within a complex multi-stakeholder structure; and think creatively and strategically to overcome obstacles to cooperation and progress
- Strong team leadership abilities with the ability to motivate and mobilise individuals outside their reporting line
- Excellent communication skills (written & oral English), including the ability to communicate and influence at all levels of the organisation
- Able to demonstrate instances of initiative that have delivered organisational benefits
Closing Date : 5 June. 2023
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ksh10000000 KES 0-ksh10000000 Month
- Address Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya