The University of Nairobi, a body corporate established under the Universities Act 2012 of the laws of Kenya and the University of Nairobi Charter, is the pioneer institution of University education in Kenya and the region. The only institution of higher learning in Kenya for a long time, the University of Nairobi responded to the national, regional and Africa’s high level manpower training needs by developing and evolving strong, diversified academic programmes and specializations in basic sciences, applied sciences, technology, humanities, social sciences and the arts. Through module II (continuing education) programmes, invaluable opportunity has been opened to hundreds of Kenyans and non-Kenyans, on a paying basis, who meet university admission requirements, but who have not been able to access university education due to restricted intake into the regular programmes that is determined by limited resource allocation by Government.
- The University of Nairobi (UoN) is seeking a Project coordinator to oversee a key US-funded grant and sub-grant activities to support the Masters in One Health and Emergency Research Ethics Program (MOHERE). The project coordinator will coordinate all aspects of the implementation and results reporting of the program from the University of Nairobi side in collaboration with the Program Manager at The Ohio State University (OSU) and all Principal Investigators (PIs). The project coordinator will work directly with the PIs and key personnel to ensure goals are met within the specified times. The project coordinator will also organize visits to University of Nairobi for program partners and assist in travel arrangements for OSU and UoN faculty and Advisory Committee members. The coordinator will assist in data collection, collation, evaluation and tracking achievement of program aims and preparing reports for all stakeholders. This position is located at the Department of Public Health, Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide overall project administration for the grant through planning, organization, coordination, and timeline management.
- Plan, schedule and attend meetings with administrative team members and PIs to support implementation and management of the project.
- Support overall grant compliance and serve as the UoN team’s lead on all grant requirements and allowable costs for assigned grant.
- Collaborate with OSU partners to manage the grant using electronic systems (Workday, Microsoft One Drive, Microsoft Excel, etc.)
- Plan, book, and track grant related travel for the assigned grant (domestic and
- Provide project management support for project level monitoring and evaluation; ensure appropriate, timely and high-quality project technical and financial reports are compiled and submitted; prepare quarterly progress and annual project reports in line with the set work plans
- Maintain an organized online system of grant related documents through OneDrive and Teams.
- Contribute to follow-on applications and annual funding renewal applications as applicable.
- Assist learners in program related issues and actively engage in seminars, webinars and workshops
- Work closely with program faculty to ensure program related activities are conducted as per the required standards
- Help promote, manage and coordinate MOHERE program activities and events when deemed necessary including scheduling program and project meetings as needed
- Work collaboratively with other groups involved in MOHERE
- Develop program work plans and assist with coordination of workshops, training events, website updates and MOHERE fellows monthly meetings
- Any other related duties as may be given by the Principal Investigator
- Review and approve monthly project invoices to ensure compliance with sponsor requirements.
- Coordinate with OSU partners to process invoices in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with team members to resolve invoice-related inquires and ensure adequate documentation for grant compliance.
- Manage post-award grant budget and work plan development for UoN-related costs and act as key contact providing project management support during sub-awardee budget and workplan development.
- Manage budget and workplan modifications for internal documentation and sponsor approval in coordination with project PIs, OSU partners, and sub-awardees.
- Maintain routine communication with project Principal Investigator(s), co-investigators, subawardee team members, OSU partners, and sponsor counterparts on various grant management, implementation, and reporting priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: Business Management/Administration,
- Finance and Accounting, Project Management and Office Management with at least three (3) years’ experience providing program implementation administrative support
- At least two (2) Experience in managing donor funded grants,
- Familiarity with health research and online educational methods, and
- Excellent computer skills.
- Experience in facilitating partnerships with stakeholders; experience with sub-award management.
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to email@example.com
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 2 June. 2023
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ksh10000000 KES 0-ksh10000000 Month
- Address Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya