DanChurchAid’s aim is to strengthen the world’s poorest people in their struggle for a life in dignity. Our work is based on a Christian view of humanity with respect for every individual’s rights and equal worth. DanChurchAid is rooted in the Danish National Evangelical Lutheran Church, but is active wherever we find the need is highest, regardless of religion, gender, political beliefs, race, national or ethnic origins, handicaps or sexual orientation.
DCA is seeking to recruit an experienced and energetic Kenyan National for the following position: Programme Officer (PO) – Design, Monitoring, Evaluation & Partnerships. The position is based in Nairobi, with frequent field travel to DCA and partner field sites, and reports to the Head of Programmes.
The main responsibilities of the Programme Officer (PO) are:
- Fundraising, project design and proposal development:
- With the Head of Programmes and Country Director, strategically engage with donors to develop DCA’s funding opportunities and align these with partner plans and approaches.
- Support the development of new project ideas, concept notes and full proposals including financial planning and budgeting.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning
- Work with programme team members to support the use of data, research and learning to help DCA and partners adjust programming approaches and share learning with others.
- Facilitate, support and initiate digitised baseline, monitoring and evaluation data collection and other assessmentsand generate relevant reports.
- Collaborate and coordinate with partners and programme teams to ensure that consolidated narrative and financial reports are submitted in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with DCA team members and potential consultants, as well as with partner staff, on the evaluation of project activities, documenting lessons learned through case studies and review workshops.
- Facilitate/support collaboration and cross learningamong DCA projects & partners through information sharing, exposure visits and active partner participation in DCA platforms/forums.
- In close consultations with the HoP, serve as the DCA Kenya Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS)/Accountability focal point in engaging with DCA and partner staff in implementing the approved organisational Accountability Improvement Plans (AIPs).
Partner support and capacity building
- Ensure regular and effective partner communication and follow up on project cycle management related aspects.
- Engage with DCA’s partners to understand and support them in their own growth trajectory, tailoring the support DCA provides with the needs and request for support from partners.
- Facilitate, monitor and follow up on partner financial and programmatic implementation.
- Analyse partner project data and reports to draw lessons learned and work with the partner to propose corrective measures where necessary.
- Facilitate logistical arrangements for DCA staff, consultant field visits and donor visits in consultation with the Head of Programmes.
- Perform any other responsibilities as determined and assigned by the Head of Programmes from time to time.
- University level education in any of the following fields: Project Management, Economics/Business, Social Science or Rural /Community development or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of experience supporting market-based livelihoods & value chain development and/or youth empowerment programmes preferred.
- Proven project cycle management and monitoring & evaluation skills.
- Knowledge of the rights-based approach & the international standards for working with humanitarian response such as SPHERE, Code of Conduct, & Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS) is an added advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills and a proven team player. Self-driven and results orientated in challenging rural working environments.
- Experience in training at field/community level and excellent reporting skills. Excellence in English, oral and written.
How to Apply
Closing Date : 26 October. 2021
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ksh10000000 KES 0-ksh10000000 Month
- Address Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya