Candidate will be responsible for daily operations of the pharmacy including products control and management in line with established procedures.
Working Station: Nakuru Kenya
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure timely processing of documents, stock, ordering, receiving, issuing and variance reconciliation.
- Coordinate all pharmacy operations including ordering, receiving, storage, issuing and record management. Processes and eliminate expiries and damage in storage.
- Undertake inventory controls by ensuring all medicine stocks received from HQ are accounted for and reconciled in a timely manner.
- Ensure the pharmacy has adequate space to accommodate all items coming on a daily basis for efficiency in operations.
- Maintain accurate records and tracking of all medicine stock items through the delivery notes, stock requests and issue reports by processing all issues and receipts on daily basis.
- Ensure accurate and thorough physical counting of medicine stocks during stock taking and variance explanation.
- Carry out filing and archiving of documentation related to stock management
- Being aware of the latest medicines and their availability
- Records and monitors temperature on fridge drugs.
- Dispensing both over the counter drugs and prescription only medicines.
- Preparing solutions and compounds as per prescriptions.
- Maintain pharmacy inventory by checking stock to determine out of stock products, anticipating needed drugs, placing orders, removing expired drugs on the shelves.
- Maintaining a clean and safe pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules and regulations in the assigned shelves and work spaces.
- Provides advice on pharmacological, by answering customer’s questions and advising on proper medications.
- Maintain proper records of prescriptions, invoices for ease of reference
- Educate customers on proper handling of medical devices such as blood pressure monitors and glucose meters.
- Contribute to Branch success through team work effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Any other duties that may be assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology from a recognized institution.
- Must have valid registration and hold a valid practicing license with the Pharmacy and Poisons Board of Kenya.
- Minimum 2 years’ relevant experience preferably in a busy pharmacy environment.
- Knowledge of pharmacology, and pharmaceutics
- Highly analytical and excellent negotiation skills
- High level of integrity
- Attention to detail
- Expected to demonstrate ethical behavior with emphasis on confidentiality, realization of professional liability and importance of following a protocol.
- Empathetic and compassionate listener as a member of a healthcare team, who can communicate with tact and diplomacy, should be friendly and interactive with patients and other members of the team.
- Required to maintain utmost level of accuracy while processing prescriptions
How to Apply
Closing Date : 18 October. 2021
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ksh10000000 KES 0-ksh10000000 Month
- Address Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya