The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisions to be implemented by KRA Management. The Chairman of the Board is appointed by the President of the Republic of Kenya . The Chief Executive of the Authority is the Commissioner General who is appointed by the Minister for Finance. PURPOSE OF KRA Assessment , Collection, Administration and Enforcement of laws relating to revenue.
The job holder is responsible for carrying out technical vulnerability assessments, penetration tests, identifying security gaps on Organization’s business systems and ensuring that the business systems, services and databases comply with the approved policy, best practice, security requirements and set minimum baseline standards.
- Carry out vulnerability assessments on databases, business systems and services using various tools and personal knowledge.
- Ensure mitigation of the identified technical vulnerabilities.
- Ensure compliance with the approved policy, best practice, security requirements and set minimum baseline standards
- Develop system security requirements for the various systems at acquisition/development and carry out security tests on the systems before deployments
- Identify, recommend, and configure suitable tools to enhance Information systems security.
- Monitor systems and applications for security issues, vulnerabilities and recommend remediation including patching and upgrades, rules updates
- Investigate security breaches and other cyber security incidents in business systems.
- Perform security Impact analysis in the change process.
- Document and research security breaches and assess any damage caused
- Perform malware analysis and digital forensic
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or IT related field.
Must have at least one of the following certifications or training in CEH/CHFI/ECIH/CISSP or in relevant information security solutions certification
Relevant Work Experience
At least one (1) years related IT security work experience in a large or busy organization.
Technical Skills Required:
- Experience in Vulnerability Assessments and Penetration testing.
- Experience in Digital Forensics, cyber security threat Analysis or incident management
- Proficiency in implementation and use of security testing tools/solutions.
- Broad-based IT experience with technical knowledge of Network, Virtualization, Hardware, Storage, Operating systems, and Applications.
- Good command of SQL language.
- Good command of unix/linux/windows
- Knowledge in Information security risk management
- Experience in Information Security Management System
- Experience in Project Management
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent listening, communication and presentation skills
- Reliable and thorough with a deep commitment to accuracy
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- A team player
- Ability to prioritize competing work commitments and deliver on time
How to Apply
Closing Date : 20 October. 2021
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ksh10000000 KES 0-ksh10000000 Month
- Address Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya