The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisions to be implemented by KRA Management. The Chairman of the Board is appointed by the President of the Republic of Kenya . The Chief Executive of the Authority is the Commissioner General who is appointed by the Minister for Finance. PURPOSE OF KRA Assessment , Collection, Administration and Enforcement of laws relating to revenue.
The job holder is responsible for IT security operations through design, deployment, maintenance, support, day-to-day operations and vendor management of IT security and Infrastructure tools. He is also responsible for management of ICT risks through implementation of appropriate controls.
- Undertake research and consultations with the industry to identify and recommend appropriate Information Security tools for deployment in the Authority in line with the Industry standards, trends and best practices.
- Draft technical and budget proposals for the procurement, deployment upgrades and maintenance of information security and infrastructure tools
- Deploy, support and maintain Information Security tools to reduce vulnerabilities and enhance the overall security posture of the IT infrastructure.
- Provide technical Support to end users, manage incidents and attend to user requests for the various ICT security tools.
- Manage vendors, undertake regular and routine maintenance of the IT security and infrastructure tool in liaison with the vendors
- Identify and document vulnerabilities in the KRA IT infrastructure and implement mitigations measures.
- Review, update and implement policies and procedures to enforce Antivirus protection, patching, software compliance for IT infrastructure including desktops and network devices.
- Ensure conformity to ISO (9001/2015 and 27001/2013) ISMS and data security requirements.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electronics or a related field.
Professional Qualifications Required Certifications/Trainings
Must have at least one of the following certifications or training in CEH/CHFI/ECIH/CISSP
or in relevant information security solutions certification
Relevant Work Experience Required
At least one (1) years related IT security work experience in a large or busy organization:
Technical Skills Required
- Experience in securing enterprise business systems and IT infrastructure.
- Experience in implementation of Information security tools and controls.
- Experience in business systems or infrastructure support.
- Hands on working experience with leading Information Security tools such as Kaspersky Antivirus, Checkpoint Firewall System, Widows Active Directory etc.
- Up-to-date understanding of emerging industry standards and trends in information security.
- Computer and IT security skills
- Security requirements analysis skills
- Network, applications and data security skills
- IT security processes and technologies knowledge and skills, including Malware Analysis, Vulnerability Assessment and Threat Intelligence.
- Malware trends and anti-malware solutions
- Vendor management skills
- Ability to work concisely when under pressure and for long hours.
- Report writing and documentation skills
- Analytical skills with keen attention to details
- Team player
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Ability to adapt quickly to emerging ICT security trends
How to Apply
Closing Date : 20 October. 2021
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ksh10000000 KES 0-ksh10000000 Month
- Address Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya