SoCha (a portmanteau of Social and Change) is an independent Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (ME&L) firm that provides bespoke solutions to social challenges. Since our inception in 2010, we have grown from a consortium of globally-recognized experts who specialize in evaluating the effectiveness of development assistance, to a full-fledged ME&L services firm that specializes in advancing innovative methodologies and changing the way donors find solutions to social problems.
The Project Manager will support the management of SoCha’s current USAID portfolio of activities as well as lead select business development opportunities.
- Manage the implementation of USAID MEL activities, including both prime and subcontract awards, and serve as the SoCha Home Office primary point of contact for these awards;
- Periodically visit MEL project sites, including those in non-permissive environments, e.g. Nigeria, DRC, etc.
- Guide SoCha project staff to support performance management systems, various evaluation designs (e.g. RCT, process, etc.) and adaptive management;
- Lead technical proposal writing and support the drafting of cost proposals;
- Regularly communicate with USAID, subcontractor and prime holder representatives;
- Design and maintain program management processes in compliance with various USAID procedures and regulations, and
- Other duties as appropriate.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- 3-5 years of experience supporting/managing USAID activities, especially MEL Platforms, as the home office primary point of contact, or equivalent;
- In-depth understanding of the USAID program cycle;
- In-depth understanding of performance management systems, monitoring and evaluation, various evaluation designs and methodologies (e.g. impact, performance, etc.) and adaptive management;
- Proven experience with business development and proposal writing;
- Ability to work unsupervised and provide remote mentoring support to staff across the world;
- Strong English and analytical writing skills;
- Intermediate or advanced level proficiency in the use of standard desktop applications;
- Understanding of USAID approval processes, such as travel and consultant approvals;
- Facilitation skills (virtual and in person) beneficial, and
- Proficiency in other languages beneficial, especially French.
Qualified applicants may be subject to a writing test, supervised remotely.
Africa or Asia. Preference will be given to candidates who reside in, or are willing to relocate to, Mauritius, Nairobi, or Bangkok. SoCha is able to ensure a relevant occupational permit in all three locations, as well as cover select relocation expenses to the Mauritius location.
How to Apply
Closing Date : 30 November. 2021
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ksh10000000 KES 0-ksh10000000 Month
- Address Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya