Medair is a humanitarian organisation inspired by Christian faith to relieve human suffering in some of the world’s most remote and devastated places. We bring relief and recovery to people in crisis, regardless of race, creed or nationality. As signatories of the International Committee of the Red Cross Code of Conduct, we believe that aid should be given to everyone who is in need, and not be used to further a particular political, social, or religious viewpoint. Our first and last considerations are the needs of the people we serve. We save lives in emergencies and then stay to help people recover from crisis with dignity-working side by side with communities to leave a lasting impact. We do whatever it takes to bring relief where it’s needed most. We provide a range of emergency relief and recovery services: Health care and nutrition. Safe water, sanitation, and hygiene. Shelter and infrastructure. In all we do, we pursue the highest professional standards of quality, accountability, and sustainability. Our experienced teams carry out our projects in close connection with communities, listening to their needs, helping them improve their essential services, and providing them with training for the future.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Assist in designing and implementing data collection activities such as needs assessments and post distribution monitoring.
- Assist in designing nutrition database capturing key performance indicators for Marsabit project.
- Train relevant projects’ staff on M&E tools, data collection and analysis.
- Ensure the collection of good quality data to reflect the progress of programming by supervising data collection teams.
- Actively participate in the lessons learned discussions with the field sector advisors, project managers and field teams for improvement of data collection activities and project design adjustments if necessary
- Work with field teams to promote principles and practices of beneficiary accountability by ensuring timely reporting of the beneficiary feedback and consolidation before sharing with the AAP focal point.
- Provide analysis of data in a timely manner for internal monitoring and donor reporting, writing project reports as required.
- Develop and maintain a transparent, honest, and supportive communication structure with other team members as well as with other Medair staff to uphold a spirit of unity and mutual respect.
- Attend and participate in relevant working groups such as Nutrition Technical forums.
- Coordinate the technical aspects of field M&E operations such as obtaining latest population data to enable project beneficiaries calculations.
- Maintain robust records of all collected data to provide a clear and transparent account of performance and take immediate action in areas of poor performance.
- Train project field team members on M&E and survey methodologies such as LQAS and cluster sampling as part of staff capacity building
- Oversee data entry process by designing data entry templates (when necessary) and supervise data clerk(s) during data entry.
- Analyse, present data as well as communicate assessment findings with field teams.
Qualification / Experience
- Degree in public health, statistics, or a related field
- Post graduate training and experience in monitoring and evaluation of humanitarian programmes using qualitative and quantitative data collection methods is desirable
- 4 years of experience in data analysis and communication including report writing
- 3 years of experience managing a humanitarian M&E including health, WASH, and nutrition data.
- Good English (spoken and written)
- Microsoft Office— Demonstrated proficiency in using Excel & SPSS
- Able to use and programme ODK derived products
- Proficiency using SMART –ENA software and ODK usage to collect data is desirable
- Good communicator
- Team-player with good inter-personal skills
- Experience of cross-cultural communication is desirable
- Capacity to work under pressure and manage personal stress levels.
- Initiative taker, able to plan and organise own workload.
- Creative, open-minded, flexible, self-learner
- Able to cope with basic living conditions in the field and during field trips
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation standards and survey methodology
- Able to establish and maintain systems to measure / compile / analyse data for project management.
- Ability to communicate monitoring and evaluation principles and to train others
- Ability to process and synthesise large amounts of complex data into readable and concise formats against tight deadlines.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Ability to target different audiences and tailor output accordingly.
- Knowledge and understanding of humanitarian standards such as Sphere and HAP
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 5 June. 2023
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ksh10000000 KES 0-ksh10000000 Month
- Address Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya