Jubilee Insurance was established in August 1937, as the first locally incorporated Insurance Company based in Mombasa in 1937. Jubilee Insurance has spread its sphere of influence throughout the region to become the largest Composite insurer in East Africa, handling Life, Pensions, general and Medical insurance.
Job Ref. No. JLIL009
Position: Money Laundering Reporting Officer
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for Money Laundering Reporting Officer. The position holder will report to the Head of Compliance and will be based at Head Office, Nairobi.
The job holder will be responsible for protecting the integrity of the organization’s dealings with customers through reviewing and reporting suspicious transactions to the FRC, training all stakeholders on the requirements of the AML/CTF policies and regulations, continuous monitoring to ensure that the businesses are compliant with the laid down policies and regulations of the country and regular reporting to the Senior Management and Board.
- AML/CTF Risk Identification and Management.
- Support and advise business on how to establish internal procedures to manage ML/TF and how to perform their duties in accordance with the AML/CFT policy and regulations.
- In conjunction with the business and compliance team, review internal processes/procedures regarding the AML/CFT and customer acceptance policies.
- In conjunction with the compliance team, ensure that the business is continuously monitoring transactions and customer risks.
- Ensure all management personnel, staff and intermediaries are fully knowledgeable of the risks involved and their responsibilities with regards to AML/CFT through training.
- Conduct continuous audits/reviews on AML/CTF compliance levels, efficiency, and effectiveness of the AML/CTF controls.
- Receiving and evaluating Suspicious Transaction Reports (STR’s) against internal business information and external sources.
- Maintaining, as proof of compliance, all the evaluation documents/information used in the STR determination process and other investigations as well as a register of all STR’s reported to the authorities and those not reported.
- Act as the main point of contact with government authorities. Ensure businesses meet all regulatory requirements and recommendations for AML/CTF compliance.
- Establishing written and board approved AML/CTF policies.
- Assist in reviewing escalated hits on the OFAC/UN Sanctions and other lists.
- Remaining fully up to date with AML/CTF legislation/guidance in the relevant jurisdictions and ensuring timely updates to implement changes in legislation/regulation.
- Work with the HR function to ensure that all new staff and existing employees holding key positions which may be exposed to AML/CTF risks are screened.
- Handle other duties as assigned to assist with the effective administration of the AML/CTF and KYC Policies and any other duties that may be assigned by Management.
- Preparing and presenting compliance reports to various stakeholders on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Collaborate with the Data Protection Officer, internal and external auditors and HR as required.
- Report non–compliance and support the team in management of a crisis or compliance violation.
- High level of Integrity and Professionalism
- Compliance Focus
- Ownership & Commitment
- Team Spirit
- Ability to recognize potentially suspicious activity.
- High level of Analytical skills
- Exceptional Research skills
- Good understanding of the regulatory structure and financial services market in East Africa.
- Bachelor’s/Master ‘s Degree in Law or any other related field.
- Certified AML Specialist/Compliance certification.
- Risk Management Training.
- Computer literacy in MS Office; Excel, Power Point, Word
- Member of a Professional Body. IIK and CII would be preferable.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Risk & Compliance Regulatory affairs, AML/CFT programs within the financial services industry, specifically banking and insurance.
- Experience with reporting on STR and CTR’s.
- Strong experience with research and screening tools such as Lexis Nexis or World–Check
How to Apply
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to Recruitment@jubileekenya.com
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 19 October. 2021
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ksh10000000 KES 0-ksh10000000 Month
- Address Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya