HISTORY The Agricultural Finance Corporation (AFC), a wholly owned Government Development Finance Institution (DFI), was established in 1963 initially as a subsidiary of the Land and Agricultural Bank. In 1969, it was incorporated as a full – fledged financial institution under the Agricultural Finance Corporation Act, Cap 323 of the laws of Kenya. It was then tasked in assisting in the effective and peaceful transfer of land to indigenous farmers, as well as injecting new capital to farm owners to spur development. After successful implementation of this task, AFC was further reconstituted in 1969 to assume a wider mandate by taking over the functions of the Land and Agricultural Bank of Kenya. Today we remain the leading Government Credit institution mandated to provide credit for the sole purpose of developing agriculture. This role is crucial given that Agriculture is the mainstay of the Kenyan economy where 80% of the Kenyan population which is rural based relies on agriculture as their main support system.
The job holder reports to the Head of Legal Services. He/She is charged with the following responsibilities:-:
- Interprets legal opinions and offers guidance on legal requirements.
- Co-ordinates the preparation, execution, registration and renewal of debentures, charges and chattels.
- Ensures proper and safe custody of all legal documentation.
- Reviews leases and contracts drawn by third parties.
- Issues instructions to auctioneers, advocates and valuers.
- Liaises with and supervises external advocates.
- Represents the Corporation in court.
- Manages litigation and conveyancing divisions.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law, applicants with professional Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
- Diploma in Law [KSL]
- Advocate of the high court of Kenya
- 5 years’ experience in a comparable and relevant field/Institution
- Computer literacy
- Creativity and innovation
- Excellent report writing skills
- Computer literacy
- Problem solving skills
- Persuasion and negotiation skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Individual leadership skills
- Excellent presentation skills
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on leadership and integrity and are thus required to submit clearance certificates from the following institutions: –
- Kenya Revenue Authority (Tax compliance Certificate)
- Higher Education Loans Board (clearance Certificate)
- Criminal investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- EACC (Self Declaration form)
- CRB Certificate
How to Apply
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to:
The Managing Director
Agricultural Finance Corporation
Development House 7th Floor, Moi Avenue
P.O. Box 30367 – 00100 GPO
Closing Date : 22 October. 2021
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ksh10000000 KES 0-ksh10000000 Month
- Address Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya