Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements. Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves five key steps: we build a dense network of franchised micro-entrepreneurs, who operate low-cost, high-quality waterless sanitation facilities – called Fresh Life Toilets. We provide critical support services – such as access to finance, business analytics, training, and marketing. We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community. We convert the waste into valuable end products, such as organic fertilizer, insect-based animal feed, and renewable energy. Finally, we sell the end products to Kenyan farms under the brand name Farm Star.
About the role
As a maintenance fellow, you will work closely with the plant operations maintenance technical team with the objective of developing your skills and competencies to be successful in plant maintenance. The internship involves hands-on experience which will provide opportunities for your personal success and development.
Throughout the internship period, it is expected that you will gain valuable experience in planning and coordination of autonomous maintenance, machine diagnosis and problem-solving, facilities management, BM data collection, and analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support in daily AM checks in the Greenhouses (check the condition of the beds, the floor and drainage system, lighting, power DB, AHUs, NH3 sensors, and the status of the doors)
- Escalate issues that require the attention of the AMM for immediate resolution
- Capture and log in all breakdowns in the maintenance data log (machine, downtime incurred, root cause of breakdown)
- Work with the facilities technician in maintaining the facilities grounds and machines (cleanliness, civil repairs, and building maintenance services)
- Work with the factory technicians in maintaining the factory machines (AM, PM, BM)
- Undertake any other activity assigned by the Assistant Maintenance Manager
- Learn, observe and practice a variety of experiences in our factory.
- Demonstrate awareness, understanding, and skills necessary to work in a diverse environment
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Articulate with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-directed, detailed, proactive, and motivated team member
- Keen interest in plant maintenance operations with challenging activities
- A positive attitude that leads to building strong working relationships with teammates
- A bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/electrical/civil engineering or a related field
- At least 1-year of postgraduate experience working in a manufacturing or processing industry
- Computer proficiency in using MS applications is an added advantage
How to Apply
Closing Date : 31st July, 2021
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ksh10000000 USD 0-ksh10000000 Month
- Address Kenya