Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements. Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves five key steps: we build a dense network of franchised micro-entrepreneurs, who operate low-cost, high-quality waterless sanitation facilities – called Fresh Life Toilets. We provide critical support services – such as access to finance, business analytics, training, and marketing. We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community. We convert the waste into valuable end products, such as organic fertilizer, insect-based animal feed, and renewable energy. Finally, we sell the end products to Kenyan farms under the brand name Farm Star.
About the role
We are hiring a Junior IT Analyst to join our software development team. You will work alongside developers and report directly to the Business Analyst. Your main tasks will include performing detailed requirements analysis, documenting processes, and performing some user acceptance testing. To succeed in this role you should have a natural analytical way of thinking and be able to explain difficult concepts to non-technical users.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with internal and external customers in gathering, validating and documenting business requirements.
- Support in the prioritisation of requirements from various stakeholders.
- Modelling and documenting business processes and identifying opportunities for process improvements.
- Identifying issues, risks and benefits of existing and proposed solutions and outlining business impacts.
- Creating functional specifications for solutions.
- Supporting business transition (specifically from IT Systems point of view) and helping to establish change.
- Carrying out training sessions and workshops to guide relevant teams.
- Communicate, translate, and simplify business requirements to ensure buy-in from all stakeholders
- Discover, organize, and clarify business needs and review/produce specifications for change
- Work with the development team to support prioritise feature releases and ensure that they understand the specifications.
- Support in the Quality Assurance and Testing of features for the Production Environment
- Degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering/ Computing Related fields.
- Experience taking software projects through the entire software life-cycle (requirements analysis, design, implementation, deployment, post deployment support).
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Time management and organisational skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Analytical skills
- Leadership and management skills
- An interest in, and understanding of, project management techniques and computing systems
How to Apply
Closing Date : 15 October. 2021
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ksh10000000 KES 0-ksh10000000 Month
- Address Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya