FHI 360 (formerly Family Health International) is a nonprofit human development organization based in North Carolina. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories
- Performs financial, operational, and compliance audits in accordance with the company internal audit program.
- Documents processes for improving internal controls, operating efficiency, and the adequacy of records and recordkeeping.
- Coordinates the Department’s activities with the independent CPA and all applicable regulatory agencies and examiners to best utilize available resources and achieve established objectives.
- Assists Audit Committee in fulfillment of its duties and responsibilities.
- Meets with Audit Committee to review audit scope / schedule and results of audit findings.
- Reports internal audit findings to appropriate management based on the results of regularly scheduled audits, non-scheduled audits, and at any time when issues need to be addressed by management.
- Conducts follow-up reviews of financial, operational, or regulatory compliance deficiencies noted during audits.
- Conducts investigations of irregularities discovered by internal and external auditor reviews.
- Other duties as assigned.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Applies general knowledge of applicable statutes, regulations, entity/company practices and concepts.
- Familiar with general principles and process involved in conducting an internal audit. – Familiar with automated financial reporting, government accounting practices, Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) systems.
- Applies general information technologies to meet work needs.
- Provides basic or general oral and written information.
- Initiates and maintains relationships with industry representatives, external auditing firm, coworkers and others.
- Organizes and formats reports to comply with applicable guidelines and provides appropriate documentation to support conclusions.
- Presents oral and written testimony on basic issues.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Identify and recognize routine or standard problems that have established precedents.
- Develop solutions to routine issues and refer non-standard questions and more difficult problems to higher levels.
- Explains basic accounting and internal audit trends and variations from prior periods, budget and/or forecast.
- Resolves basic issues related to internal policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates an understanding of system functionality to provide answers for financial requests.
- Errors may be detected and corrected.
- An appropriate audit trail is maintained for all transactions.
- External and internal audit requests are met timely, without outstanding issues.
- Month end closing deadlines and processes are met timely.
- Detailed instructions given for new activities or special assignments.
- Provides recommendations with issues and processes to make departmental improvements.
- Typically reports to a Manager.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent.
- Typically requires a minimum of 3+ years of progressively responsible financial analysis experience in an internal audit role.
- Experience in providing outstanding customer service, performing complex activities associated with ensuring compliance with company’s system of internal controls is required.
- Computerized accounting software experience and proficiency in spreadsheet software required.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear and positive fashion with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Non-governmental organization (NGO) experience preferred.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ksh10000000 KES 0-ksh10000000 Month
- Address Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya