Job: Intercompany and Bank Accountant
On any day, 2 billion people use Unilever products to look good, feel good and get more out of life – giving us a unique opportunity to build a brighter future. Great products from our range of more than 400 brands give us a unique place in the lives of people all over the world. When consumers reach for nutritionally balanced foods or indulgent ice creams, affordable soaps that combat disease, luxurious shampoos or everyday household care products, there’s a good chance the brand they pick is one of ours. Seven out of every ten households around the world contain at least one Unilever product, and our range of world-leading, household-name brands includes Lipton, Knorr, Dove, Axe, Hellmann’s and Omo. Trusted local brands designed to meet the specific needs of consumers in their home market include Blue Band, Pureit and Suave. Whatever the brand, wherever it is bought, we’re working to ensure that it plays a part in helping fulfil our purpose as a business – making sustainable living commonplace.
Main job purpose
Credit management and reporting of intercompany transactions.
Interfaces with; –
- Internal – Interfaces across Auditors, Supply Chain, Finance, IT, Customer Service, HR, (Master files control) and Brand Building (Result commentaries and evaluations) in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Ethiopia.
- External – Regional Contacts, Controllers team and the various finance operational hubs
- Contact person for all intercompany queries from central team – provides commentary, assists on reconciliation queries, incoming payment clearing, providing details for outgoing payments and mismatch resolution
- Raises invoice requests through BMC for all charges out of Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia and Rwanda. We have not had any service invoicing out of Djibouti so far
- Co-ordinates all IC collections for Kenya’s exports. This involves liaising with treasury to make forex deals
- Creation and extension of all IC vendors in East Africa
- Provides frequent updates on WC position to the group for timely action on gaps, focus currently being on stocks. This includes reconciling and providing support for Intercompany mismatches
- Monthly reporting of WC actuals and forecast submission to the SA team. WC forecast upload into Ifinance is a quarterly task.
- Month end tasks including bank, AP (accounts payable) and AR (accounts receivable) revaluation.
- Update of monthly closing rates into SAP. This involves liaising with treasury to get the rates, and update them in the system monthly
- Transfer of costs incurred in Rwanda to Kenya. This is a monthly task, has tasks such as calculation of management fees (which means she must liaise with MR team for the month’s Turnover before transferring costs to Kenya)
- Reconciliation and clearing of payroll accounts
- Posting of bank statements, reconciling and clearing BOI – works with the Rwanda person
- Country contact for bank open item queries. Assists CG reconcile judgemental transactions (e.g., offline payroll, monthly statutory submissions), provides bank statements where CG has no access
- Posting of payroll CBVs (and these are quite many – payments for exits statutory submissions journal postings
- Now prepares and submits closing rates to the CG team for update into SAP (previously used to be done by Janet)
3rd party invoicing
- Preparation of Nairobi garage invoices and follow up of payments
- Verification and clearing of receipts from scrap sales and raw material customers (including Cargil receipts – this is a tea buying customer)
Knowledge & Skill
- Qualified Accountant
- Management/Financial Accounting experience in an FMCG business.
- Experience in a multinational company will be ideal.
- Strong knowledge and practical experience in the application of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word tools.
- Decision Support and Analytical Skills
- Performance Monitoring and Management of Business Planning Processes
- Good knowledge/hands on of an ERP system- SAP.
- Accounting graduate & Chartered Accountant.
- Strong analytical power, complex problem-solving techniques
- Excellent Communication and Presentation Skills
Women and People living with a disability are encouraged to apply.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ksh10000000 USD 0-ksh10000000 Month
- Address Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya