MÃ©decins sans frontiÃ¨res (MSF) or Doctors Without Borders, is an international humanitarian-aid non-governmental organization (NGO) and Nobel Peace Prize laureate, best known for its projects in war-torn regions and developing countries facing endemic diseases.
Defining, coordinating and monitoring all the IEC( Information, Education, Communication) Health Promotion activities in the project and promoting MSF services according to MSF principles, protocols and standards in order to increase the knowledge of the target population around their health, the support of preventive activities and the collaboration to improve the services
- Defining and updating the HP/IEC strategy and related activities through annual project and budget plan (objectives, target population, campaigns, messages, activities, specific actions, etc.).
- Assessing knowledge of the target group on a health risk and analyzing the context (local culture, traditions, habits, health perception) to adapt health activities and support the social mapping (villages, populations, actors),
- Identifying indicators in order to monitor HP activities results and achievement and using the concrete tools to measure and follow up those activities
- Assessing, developing and adapting IEC/HP materials according to the needs of the project. Ensuring content and format have been pre-tested with target groups in order to ensure the adequacy, relevance, full understanding of the messages. Leading focus-group discussions with target groups in order to ensure the adequacy, relevance, broadcasting and full awareness of the messages, ensuring they are worded in a pedagogic manner
- Liaising with other relevant actors (national and International NGO’s , authorities) also involved in prevention activities, analyzing interventions and building cooperative relationships and advocacy, in order to enhance the influence of the campaigns and messages and to improve awareness among the targeted population;
- Ensuring regular collaboration and coordination with the MSF medical team, to guarantee that the HP is part of medical activities and contribute to the medical objectives of the project
- Knowing protocol(s) for Sexually Gender Based Violence (SGBV), AYPs with sepcial focus on AYKPs and ensuring its application. Identifies possible victims of SGBV, AYKPs, and referring them to the medical team for treatment according to protocol(s)
- Supervising the IEC/HP team and their activities, in and outside health facilities, reporting difficulties and progress as well as adapting format and content when necessary. Planning and supervising the HR associated processes (recruitment, training, evaluation, development and internal communication) of the IEC / HP staff of the project. This will be done in close coordination with the HR department, the administration manager, project coordinator and Mombassa Department of Health and according to MSF vision, values and procedures. Ensuring that HP/IEC participates in counseling services when needed. including Prevention Parent to Child Transmission (PPTCT) and Voluntary Counseling and Testing (VCT)
- Participating in the monthly reports according to guidelines (SitReps, statistical reports, etc.)
- Essential, university degree in social sciences, social communication, health promotion or related studies
- Essential, working experience of in related jobs (health promotion, project coordination, social research), preferably with MSF
- Experiences working with AYKPs is a plus
Languages: English and Kiswahili
Knowledge: Computer literacy
Competencies: Strong interpersonal skills, strong initiative, able to handle complex assignments with proactive attitude, organized, autonomous and attentive to details.
How to Apply
Closing Date : 27 October. 2021
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ksh10000000 KES 0-ksh10000000 Month
- Address Mombasa, Kenya