Machakos County, nicknamed ‘Macha,’ was the first capital city of Kenya and is now an administrative county in Kenya. Machakos is made up of eight (8) constituencies including Machakos Town, Mavoko, Masinga, Yatta, Kangundo, Kathiani, Matungulu, and Mwala. Machakos Town is the administrative capital of the County.
Duties and Responsibilities
- An officer at this level will work under the guidance and supervision of an experienced officer. Duties and responsibilities will entail:-
- receiving and compiling fisheries related statistical data from field officers;
- analyzing fisheries data and preparing reports;
- assisting in monitoring, control and surveillance of the fisheries resources;
- undertaking fisheries extension activities; maintaining of ponds at fish farms and hatcheries;
- inspecting fish and fish handling facilities at fish landing sites, markets and farms;
- assisting in the promotion of fish marketing and value addition.
Requirement for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Bachelors degree in any of the following fields;-Fisheries, zoology, Aquatic Sciences, Natural Resource Management, Biochemistry, Food Science and Technology, Environmental Science, Biological Sciences, Physical Science, Chemistry or any other equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institution; and
- Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution.
Closing Date : 13 June. 2023
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ksh10000000 KES 0-ksh10000000 Month
- Address Machakos, Machakos, Kenya