YOUR POSITION WITH TNC
The Finance & Accounting Manager is responsible for the Finance and Accounting activities of the Africa Busines Unit and has responsibility for the management, maintenance and reporting of financial data , monitoring of management controls and processes to ensure compliance with TNC policies and procedures, relevant legal and regulatory frameworks, and financial management best practice, developing and coordinating tactics for approved plans to meet programmatic commitment, completing and overseeing day-to-day tasks in the finance function.
The Finance & Accounting Manager is responsible for managing the activities and personnel for Finance Operations and Accounting of the BU. Responsible for the management, maintenance and reporting of financial data, monitoring of management controls and processes and ensures compliance with TNC policies and procedures, relevant legal and regulatory frameworks, and financial management best practice. Ensures programmatic commitments, are met in a timely manner by developing and coordinating tactics for approved plans. Overseeing day-to-day tasks in the finance function. The Finance & Accounting Manager provides high-level financial analysis to the Africa Council, BU leadership on budgets, and financial performance. Acts as the main point of contact for addressing any inquiries related to financial management, accounting, and operations treatment that arise from across the BU and World Office (WO). Serves as a key resource to staff and management on financial matters, policies and procedures. Responsible for the implementation of finance initiatives rolled out to International programs. Provides training related to finance operations and related policies. Co-leads the fiscal year budgeting process with the Conservation Director. Point person for payments and back up for payroll to ensure smooth running of financial operations and programmatic support to the BU. Manages the finance diary to ensure financial activities are met within set deadlines including end of year close process, the development of year-end projections of expense, periodic analysis of balance sheet accounts and making necessary adjustments. Ensures the accuracy and timeliness of accounting transactions such as journal entries, business and payroll taxes, creation of program Project/Activity and Award charge codes. Responsible for the continuous update of financial information on TNC Connect site.
The Finance & Accounting Manager ensures financial reports accurately reflect donor intent, working with development team to perform revenue allocation and ensure costs are charged accurately to respective funding sources. Participates in the design and implementation of finance policies, procedures, and systems to comply with all applicable financial and accounting regulations. Reinforces compliance and consistency across the BU in the organization’s policies and procedures. Reports to the Director of Finance and Operations, Africa region and it will be based in any of the TNC offices in Africa.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Manages functional activity towards program’s strategic goals.
- Works toward meeting the strategic priorities of the program by developing and coordinating actions for approved plans,
- Implements and manages new initiatives, completes, and oversees day-to-day tasks.
- Manages and implements multiple projects.
- Ensures the support of the programmatic work is collaborative and well-integrated across organization.
- Works within a budget, negotiating and contracting with vendors.
- Decisions may bind organization financially and legally.
- Ensures programmatic commitments, TNC policies and procedures, financial standards and legal requirements are met and managed for compliance.
- Reinforces consistency in the organization’s policies and procedures and provides support.
- May manage or participate in complex negotiation
- Focal point person for accounting, bank, payroll, organization tax matters, tax vendors and the BU advisor.
- Provide operational support including onboarding new staff, facilitate the opening and closing of a country operation by providing financial guidance and assistance
- Ensuring a proper physical and electronic filing system of financial documentation
- Conducting periodic field visits to projects to understand the activities, monitor financial activities on the ground and engage with teams.
- Reviews and monitors Income Statement & Balance Sheet items monthly and year-end close to ensure adherence to TNC requirements, reporting and accuracy of the BU reports.
- Responsible for the management of local bank treasury to meet BU financial obligations, timely addition, and removal of bank signatories, ensuring compliance to local laws and TNC policy, manages all country bank relations and service standards, approval of monthly bank account and cash reconciliations.
- Supervise one or more professional staff with responsibility for training, professional development, and performance management.
- Frequent travel may be required; working long hours and weekends occasionally required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration and 5 years’ managerial related experience or equivalent combination.
- CPA or CIA qualification is a requirement.
- Experience with accounting principles, practices, and regulations.
- Experience with GAAP.
- Experience using financial accounting systems.
- Experience in Non-Profit accounting experience.
- Experience with government regulations related to grants or contracts, including working with applicable U.S. Federal government circulars (OMB Circulars A-110, A-122 and A-133, state and local regulations, and standard contract clauses.
- Experience of supporting multiple projects in various locations and/or countries
- Experience in MS Office (Word/excel) with technical command of spreadsheets at advanced level, general ledger reports and other financial management tools. Ability to manipulate, analyze and interpret data.
- Experience in developing finance related policies and procedures.
- Experience in supporting program teams on budgets, reporting, expense charging and interpretation of financial information
- Technical expert on complex accounting/financial issues.
- Experience in monitoring, interpreting guidelines, ensuring compliance with organizational policy, applicable law and regulation, and financial management best practices.
- Experience in performance management and recruitment
- Experience in the application of regulatory frameworks, for example tax, legal requirements, and organization policies.
- Experience evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of management controls and modifying processes for improvement.
- Ability to resolve complex issues independently.
- Experience acting as a resource to others to solve problems.
- Experience using organizational, analytical, and critical thinking skills to identify and solve problems.
- Experience evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of management controls.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural experience and embracing diversity and inclusion.
How to Apply
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ksh10000000 KES 0-ksh10000000 Month
- Address Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya