Pawame is transforming the lives of individuals and entire communities, starting with modern energy access. Pawame operates anywhere underserved people are, pushing boundaries deep into some of the most rural communities on the continent while functioning sustainably and with integrity. Pawame is a partner to its customers from their first interaction with a sales agent to the moment of installation by a technician and throughout their ascent up the energy ladder.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The mission of the Field Training Manager is to improve the productivity of the field team employees. This position assesses sales, logistics and field operations developmental needs to drive training initiatives and identifies and arranges suitable training solutions for employees. This position actively searches, creatively designs and implements effective methods to educate, enhance performance and recognize performance.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
KEY ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
Develop annual training and development needs assessment
- Evaluate existing training and development needs documentation
- Identify needs of business units.
- Perform gap analysis and document/update final requirements.
- Report training needs and recommend training plans
Develop training and development objectives and programs
- Evaluate existing training framework, including modules and resources required and develop and implement changes as required.
- Develop and manage the training and development function’s budget.
- Obtain and/or develop effective training materials utilizing a variety of media to meet the objectives of training programs.
- Plan and communicate annual, quarterly and monthly training schedules.
Implement and maintain training and development programs
- Train and coach managers, supervisors, and others involved in employee development efforts.
- Train and coach trainers to execute their training modules effectively.
- Manage the overall execution of the training and development programs, ensuring that they are meeting the objectives of the plan.
Evaluate first run of training programs and documented recommendations
- Develop and implement the training evaluation framework.
- Assess impact of training on employee performance and work with line managers for performance improvement through training.
- Revise and update training and development programs as necessary.
Develop the company’s business process management framework
- Manage the documentation of all core operating processes.
- Ensure that all documentation is revision controlled and regularly updated.
- Develop and maintain an effective process feedback loop.
- Revise business process documentation in alignment with function heads as necessary.
KEY CROSS-FUNCTIONAL RELATIONSHIP & INTERFACES
- Manage the Training and Development functional budget and ensuring adequate processes and systems are in place for reconciliation of all monies issued.
- Report on audited individual performance and implementation of policies related to recruitment, onboarding, compensation, performance management and off-boarding.
Required Education & Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in from a reputable university in a relevant field
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university in a relevant field, ideally Training and Development.
- 3-5 years of Training and Development management experience in a related commercial field: Financial services, mobile-money or other commission-based products in Kenya.
- 5-10 years of Training and Development leadership and management in a related commercial field: Financial services, mobile-money or other commission-based products across multiple countries in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Proven ability to build an exceptional Training and Development function.
- Proven ability to develop and execute national training programs for field service teams with a track record of measurable success in employee performance.
- Exceptional writing and communication skills in both English and Kiswahili.
- Excellent computer literacy and communication skills with a strong affinity towards professional documentation and document control.
- Capacity to innovate, creating new processes, structures and training materials for distribution.
- Capacity to develop and manage annual functional plans and budgets with quarterly reviews, along with a keen attitude towards individual performance management.
- Leadership: Inspire & Lead – Motivate each employee in terms relevant to them while pulling the whole team together in pursuit of shared goals. Leading by example that will emulate behaviors demonstrated.
- Communication: Two-way communication is critical for this role. Ensuring buy-in from employees into change initiatives and ensuring a strong feedback loop is necessary to drive performance and continuous improvement.
- Negotiation skills: the role will require strong negotiation skills in order to make the case for training and development initiatives that require changes to the budget. In a startup with limited funds, negotiating your budget will be key to driving the efficiency of your initiatives.
- Attitude: This is what makes you stand out. An attitude to remain positive, to adapt to the situation you are in and navigate through challenging startup dynamics.
- Analytical skills: Data drives decisions, Successful Training and development leaders must be able to seek and understand the data that can be made available to them, in order to spot trends, measure outcomes and strive to continuously improve.
- Healthcare Insurance.
- Paid time off.
- Middle management training programs.
- Flexible working conditions.
- Subsidized meals at the Pawame Headquarters.
- Our values guide our work, and as a PawaTeam member, you’re expected to work with integrity, discipline and drive to serve our customers and build our community. Everyone from our interns to the founders contributes to our success in different ways and have meaningful opportunities to grow and learn in the company.
- With community being one of Pawame’s core values we foster an inclusive, collaborative culture that treats every individual with respect. Pawame welcomes applications for this position from all qualified applicants with pre-existing Kenyan work authorization. Women are especially encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Closing Date : 31 October. 2021
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ksh10000000 KES 0-ksh10000000 Month
- Address Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya