The National Land Commission of Kenya is an independent government commission whose establishment was provided for by the Constitution of Kenya to, amongst other things, manage public land on behalf of the national and county governments, initiate investigations into present or historical land injustices and recommend appropriate redress, and monitor and have oversight responsibilities over land use planning throughout the country. It was officially established under The National Land Commission Act, 2012
DIRECTOR LEGAL AFFAIRS AND REGULATORY SERVICES – (GRADE NLC 2) – ONE (1) POST
Terms of Appointment
The appointment will be on a Five (5) years contract renewable subject to satisfactory performance
Personal Emolument for the position of Director Legal Affairs & Regulatory Services;
Basic Salary Scale : Kshs Min 200,000 – Max 350,000 Per month
House Allowance : Kshs. 80,000 Per month
Commuter Allowance : Kshs. 20,000 Per month
Entertainment Allowance : Kshs. 40,000 Per month
Leave Allowance : Kshs. 30,000 Per annum
Medical Cover : As provided by the Commission
Gratuity Rate : 31% of annual basic pay for every year served.
This position is responsible for the provision of leadership in the implementation of the Commission’s legal strategy, offers leadership in litigation, arbitrations, and regulatory services. The position is also responsible for the provision of legal advisory services and the interpretation of
legal matters, to ensure effective management of legal and contractual risks.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
For appointment to this position, the candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Master’s degree in Law or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- Bachelor degree in law or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Education from the Kenya School of Law
- 15 years of service, three (5) of which should be in a comparable position from a reputable organization
- Should be an advocate of the High Court of Kenya with a current practicing certificate from Law Society of Kenya (LSK)
- Should be Computer literate
- Possession of certificate in Certified Secretaries (CS) will be added advantage.
How to Apply
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to:
National Land Commission
1st Ngong Road Avenue,
ACK Garden Annex, 7th Floor,
P.O Box 44417–00100, Nairobi.
Closing Date : 29 October. 2021
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ksh10000000 KES 0-ksh10000000 Month
- Address Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya