The Aga Khan Academy Nairobi is operated by Aga Khan Education Service Kenya (AKESK), a non-profit organization, with close to a hundred years’ experience operating schools in Kenya. Our first formal schools were opened in 1918, and AKESK currently operates 11 schools in Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu and Eldoret, serving close to 5,000 students with a quality, affordable education.
- The Aga Khan Academy, Mombasa is currently recruiting a Digital Design and Computer Studies Teacher with ability to teach IB mathematics or Science. She/he will be part of a community that develops young people’s talent and potential from Mombasa to be the well-educated, ethical and pluralistic leaders of tomorrow.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To plan curriculum documents in a collaborative manner to reflect the standards and practices of the Academy.
- To engage in effective teaching practice that embraces inquiry teaching and learning methods and differentiate activities to meet the needs of all students.
- To authentically assess, record and track the progress of all students.
- To communicate necessary programme information to all stakeholders.
- To resource programme needs effectively and ensure careful maintenance of existing inventory.
- To actively participate in the life of the Senior School and the Academy as a whole, in and out of normal school hours.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university
- At least 2 year experience in early years/primary
- Must have a TSC certificate or an internationally recognized teaching qualification.
- Prior experience teaching music is required.
- Previous IBMYP experience is preferred
- Experience in teaching Mathematics or Science will be an added advantage
Closing Date : 2 June. 2023
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ksh10000000 KES 0-ksh10000000 Month
- Address Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya