Safaricom is a leading communications company in Kenya with the widest and strongest coverage. The home of the famous Mobile Money service- M-PESA
We are pleased to announce the subject career opportunity within Technology (M-Pesa Africa) reporting to the Senior Manager-Software Engineering.
About M-Pesa Africa
M-Pesa, is a pioneering fintech business and global market leader in mobile money. From starting in 2007 as a convenient means by which the unbanked and underbanked can make digital payments, M-Pesa has now grown to offer >50 million active customers financial services, enterprise, merchant, and retail solutions. We are proud of our work in enabling the digital economy in our markets, and in driving financial inclusion.
M-Pesa Africa is currently supporting 6 markets and scaling with a mission to build a ONE M-Pesa, the largest FinTech and digital ecosystem in Africa by 2025.
Our Culture Pillars: Customer Focused; Innovation; Experiment & Be bold; Teamwork
To work in an agile team, building engaging functional systems that maximise customer experience and revenue. Responsible for development against a product backlog, participating in planning, designing, and building features, assuring quality, deploying across environments, and supporting effective operations.
What you will be doing
- Develop end-to-end digital products utilising technologies and tools such as Java / Maven, Python, C ++, SonarQube, Docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus, Kibana, Splunk and Apigee API.
- Develop and utilise CICD Pipeline and Automation technologies and tools such as Azure Pipeline, GitHub, JFrog, Jenkins, Ansible and Liquibase
- Work with the cloud computing teams to build and run scalable applications as public, private, and hybrid clouds using Cloud Native tools such as ASW Pipeline.
- Demonstrate ideas, products, and features in iteration reviews
- Create new ideas and demonstrate them.
- Work with agile Release Trains
- Ensure commitments are met
- Work in an agile delivery framework using tools like Jira and Confluence
- Hands-on delivery to the highest quality and fixing issues both during development and on production.
- Innovative and open-minded.
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- Testing and examining code written by others and analysing results
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Identifying technical problems and developing software updates and ‘fixes’
- Working with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
- Deploy new code, updates, and fixes
- Provide Level 2 technical support, including root cause analysis for production errors
- Experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role
- Problem-solving attitude
- Collaborative team spirit
Competencies you require for the role
Working With Others
- Consciously takes steps to make the most of every conversation/interaction
- Identifies people’s needs, interests, and motives to be able to influence the decisions they make
- Communicates simply to excite and engage people
- Pro-actively adapts own style and approach to build rapport, and work with others more effectively
- Builds and maintains strong relationships and networks
- Targets effort and resources on high-value, high impact activity
- Focuses on achieving maximum performance and driving continuous improvement
- Thinks about processes and problems cross-functionally and end-to-end
- Uses knowledge of products, technology, process, systems, and policy to solve problems
Creativity and Innovation
- Finds creative ways to exploit opportunities and solve problems
- Takes risks and pushes what is possible
- Experiments with unorthodox approaches
- Uses data and research to make decisions that are competitively and financially robust
- Balances current and future needs
- Thinks and acts like an owner of the business
- Acts in line with legal, regulatory, professional, and ethical standards
Working With Change
- Responds flexibly to changing situations
- Manages the business and people aspects of change to drive performance
Project and Programme Management
- Defines scope and deliverables in terms of time, cost, quality, and business benefit
- Schedules activity and identifies resource needs, dependencies, and synergies
- Evaluates progress, mitigates risks, and addresses issues
Architecture and Design
- Translates business and customer requirements into technology requirements
- Defines architecture and design of systems and solutions to meet current and future business needs
Service and solution development
- Develops systems, services, and solutions to agreed specifications
Testing and Evaluation
- Defines test cases and acceptance criteria based on user requirements
- Reports and interprets test results Assesses the effectiveness of tests and testing tools
Implementation and integration
- Installs, configures, integrates, and optimises systems, services, and solutions
Apply if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- At least 3 years’ experience in coding in a non-university setting.
- Experience with technologies and tools such as Java / Maven, Python, C ++, SonarQube, Docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus, Kibana, Splunk and Apigee API.
- Experience with CICD Pipeline and Automation technologies and tools such as Azure Pipeline, GitHub, JFrog, Jenkins, Ansible and Liquibase
- Strong understanding of end-to-end API and microservice architecture and the ability to design, develop and implement scalable, elastic microservice based platforms end-to-end
- Strong understanding of SOAP, Rest APIs and Apigee APIs.
What you can expect from us:
- We believe in a fair and robust interview process
- We have a robust flexible total reward scheme
- Dedicated support and mentoring/coaching
- Opportunity to develop and progress – plus a solid dedication to work-life integration. It all means you’ll have everything you need to advance your career and achieve your full potential
How to Apply
Closing Date : 22 October. 2021
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ksh10000000 KES 0-ksh10000000 Month
- Address Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya