Kenya Markets Trust is a Kenyan non-governmental organisation that works in partnership with the private sector; non-governmental organisations; county and national governments; associations and other local and International partners to unleash large scale, sustainable market growth by changing the underlying incentives, capacities and rules that shape how market systems work.
KMT is currently working in three sectors – agricultural inputs, livestock and water – and implements some work in these sectors internally and some through local partners. Our working funds/revenue comes from donors and foundations.
Communications and Outreach Manager will oversee and manage all areas of project communications and reporting. He or she will oversee the program communications and branding strategy, and ensure that all communications platforms comply with USAID regulations and contractual requirements and are delivered on time. This position will report directly to the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Lead.
- Take lead in preparing the Communication and Branding Strategy for the program in close liaison with the MEL Lead, the Chief of Party and USAID team.
- Take lead in preparing external communications materials, including media campaigns, project success stories, and other communications products for dissemination to project stakeholders, beneficiaries, and partners.
- Build the capacity of the program staff in developing content from project activities.
- Integrate, edit, and finalize program communications products, including draft written materials, success stories, press releases, and regular reporting requirements (monthly, quarterly etc.)
- Maintain and develop content for the project’s website in coordination with the IT team and USAID team
- Work with program staff to develop and produce marketing, outreach, and materials for events.
- Manage and store all documents and reports in the agreed reporting system for the program
- Serve as liaison with media groups to cover specific and relevant project activities, such as opening and closing ceremonies further serve as the point of contact for local media inquiries.
- Provide quality assurance on USAID branding and marking.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders, including institutional and private sector partners, to increase program visibility and maximize coordination.
- Monitor press coverage—including news wires, local newspapers, television and radio.
- Coordinate on-demand information for USAID or other stakeholders.
- Represent the Western Kenya Water program at events and meetings as required.
Education & Experience:
- Degree in communication, journalism, public relations or equivalent qualification. Master’s degree qualification in relevant field a definite advantage.
- At least 7 years’ relevant experience, with demonstrated working exposure in development communication. At least 2 years in a managerial position.
- Demonstrated competencies in development of products such as communication materials, documentation and publication (including web-based documentation) in program implementation
- Knowledge of computer systems and applications, especially those related to interactive digital media
- Advanced level of proficiency in publishing software and MS Office applications i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Outlook, etc.
- Strong communication skills, both interpersonal and written, to fulfill the technical and managerial responsibilities proposed.
- Previous experience and knowledge management for USAID or other international donor-funded programs desired
How to Apply
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 22 October. 2021
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ksh10000000 KES 0-ksh10000000 Month
- Address Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya