Louis Dreyfus Company is a leading merchant and processor of agricultural goods. Our activities across a diversified range of business lines span the entire value chain, from origination to distribution, helping to feed and clothe up to 500 million people every year.
Handling of all coffee samples in the Coffee Quality Laboratory in liaison with the Head of Quality Assurance. Assist in the scientific, physical and organoleptic coffee analysis required by the commercial team for coffee purchasing & Selling and processing for all coffee shipments and samples from Eastern African origination presented to the coffee laboratory for cupping and reporting. .
Along with the below listed responsibilities, the employee should conduct any other business related to the function as required by his supervisor.
- Cupping and scoring of coffee samples in the coffee quality laboratory
- Ensure entry of data for stock purchases and processing instructions into the Inventory stock system
- Ensure analysis of green coffee samples for roasting and subsequent classification.
- Expected to visit various locations where Louis Dreyfus (K) Limited has its coffee and/or interest for purposes of Coffee quality evaluations.
- Assisting the Head Quality Assurance in coffee stock allocation.
- Assisting the Head Quality Assurance in issuance of coffee processing instructions for stock lots.
- Any other responsibility as will be assigned to the staff on a day to day basis.
- 3-5 years of experience working in the coffee sample room MAINLY as a cupper and also have vast understanding of other quality control operations.
- Profound oral/written communication skills
- Computer literate mainly in Microsoft Office applications
- Elementary Coffee trading trading skills
- Good in organizational skills
- Team player
- Analytical, methodical and quick in decision making
- English (Fluent)
- Coffee Liquoring certificate from AFFA-Coffee Directorate Diploma certificate or Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science and/or Business related studies is an added advantage
How to Apply
Closing Date : 12 January. 2022
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ksh10000000 KES 0-ksh10000000 Month
- Address Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya