The Judiciary is one of the three State organs established under Chapter 10, Article 159 of the Constitution of Kenya. It establishes the Judiciary as an independent custodian of justice in Kenya. Its primary role is to exercise judicial authority given to it, by the people of Kenya. The institution is mandated to deliver justice in line with the Constitution and other laws. It is expected to resolve disputes in a just manner with a view to protecting the rights and liberties of all, thereby facilitating the attainment of the ideal rule of law. The Judiciary and its related institutions (Judicial Service Commission (JSC), Kenya Law; previously National Council for Law Reporting (NCLR), Tribunals and the Judiciary Training Institute (JTI) perform the following functions; 1. Administration of justice 2. Formulation and implementation of judicial policies 3. Compilation and dissemination of case law and other legal information for the effective administration of justice
For appointment to this grade, the applicant must have: –
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil-Structural Engineering from a recognized institution;
- Registered as a graduate Engineer by Engineers Board of Kenya or any other recognized professional body;
- A Senior Management Course or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in computer application skills;
- Demonstrated professional competence in work performance and results; and
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
- Minimum six (6) years relevant work experience;
- At least three (3) years at Supervisory Management level.
Job Core Competencies:
- Sound knowledge of Public Procurement Laws of Kenya;
- Demonstrated ability to Review structural – civil designs and drawings;
- Knowledgeable in regulations and guidelines for infrastructural projects;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Leadership & Good interpersonal skills;
- Professional and Technical competence;
- Confidentiality, High Integrity, attention to details and accuracy;
- Analytical & Negotiation Skills; and
- Organizational, planning skills and Results-oriented.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviewing civil-structural designs and drawings;
- Implementing of civil-structural engineering design standards and approved projects;
- Overseeing testing of soil and materials to determine adequacy and strength of foundations and building structures.
- Ensuring compliance with the regulations and guidelines for infrastructural projects.
How to Apply
Closing Date : 29 October. 2021
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ksh10000000 KES 0-ksh10000000 Month
- Address Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya