Machakos County, nicknamed ‘Macha,’ was the first capital city of Kenya and is now an administrative county in Kenya. Machakos is made up of eight (8) constituencies including Machakos Town, Mavoko, Masinga, Yatta, Kangundo, Kathiani, Matungulu, and Mwala. Machakos Town is the administrative capital of the County.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail: –
- driving the assigned vehicle
- carrying out routine checks on the vehicle’s cooling, oil, electrical, tyre pressure and brake systems, etc.
- detecting and reporting malfunctioning of the vehicle systems; maintenance of work ticket(s) for vehicle(s) assigned
- ensuring security and safety of the vehicle on and off the road
- overseeing safety of the passengers and/or goods therein; and
- maintaining cleanliness of the vehicle(s)
- In addition, the officer may be required to supervise and guide staff in a small transport unit.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have;
- Ten (10) years of driving experience
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education mean grade D plain or its equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
- passed Occupational Trade Test I for Drivers;
- a valid driving license free from any current endorsement(s) for class(es) of vehicle(s) the officer is required to drive;
- Defensive Driving Certificate from the Automobile Association (AA) of Kenya or its equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
- A Refresher Course for drivers lasting not less than one (1) week within every three (3) years at Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized Institution;
- A valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Kenya Police;
Closing Date : 13 June. 2023
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ksh10000000 KES 0-ksh10000000 Month
- Address Machakos, Machakos, Kenya