Aga Khan University Hospitals in Karachi, Pakistan and Nairobi, Kenya are private, not-for-profit institutions providing high quality health care. The Main Hospitals serve as the principal sites for clinical training for the University’s Medical Colleges and Schools of Nursing and Midwifery in Pakistan and East Africa. Our Vision of Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi is to be the premier, tertiary, teaching and referral health care facility in sub-Saharan Africa. â€‹For over fifty years, Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi (AKUH) has been taking care of families in East Africa. As a private, not-for-profit hospital, we strive to provide access to quality healthcare to all who need it. At AKUH, patients are our first priority. Our team of medical professionals, faculty and staff are here to provide you and your loved ones with the highest standards of healthcare.
- Management of inventory in outreach to ensure control and policies regarding inventory are adhered to in order to achieve the hospital’s objective of providing high quality patient healthcare.
- Monthly reconciliation of stock values in Meditech and Peoplesoft taking into account the stock in transit, condemnation and cancellation/returns.
- Preparation of audit schedule for outreach surprise random count to ensure proper reconciliation and support for the entries & provide report on findings and actions taken.
- Verify orders requested versus issued from outreach stores both on the system and physically
- Monitor stock holding amount and days in all inventory locations.
- Monitor short expiries, returns to suppliers and expired stock. Provide monthly reports on the same.
- Confirm & approve all expired medication and provide a trend analysis.
- Monitor and analyze supplies cost for all centers.
- Carry out background analysis on all transactions for cancellations prior to approval.
- Analyze and approve adjustments and provide trend analysis per location and department
- Forecast the supply and demand requirements to ensure consistent stock levels.
- Analyze the consumption/ usage/ condemnation/ slow moving trends and sensitivity of the stocks requested to avoid under/overstocking
- Identify and mitigate business and financial risks through effective implementation and monitoring of controls.
- Tracking operational costs towards maintaining profit-margins by monitoring revenue generation trends against cost of goods sold/used.
- Work closely with Purchasing and Supply Chain Management department (PSCMD) to ensure that contracts are fulfilled e.g., service and maintenance of Equipment (e.g., labs, radiology etc.), replacements, disposal etc.
- Ensure all laboratory & radiology equipment in outreach are tagged, if transferred then asset transfer forms are filled.
- Work with programmers to come up with alerts that will assist in monitoring reorder points and initiate action to replenish stock.
- Develop and maintain own professional competence and knowledge by keeping abreast of new developments, concepts, work methods etc. both clinical and professional.
- To develop, train staff and implement the improved inventory procedures and practices.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by management
Qualifications and skills required
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance
- ACCA/CPA finalist
- MS Office proficient
- 4 years’ work experience in the field of inventory management
- Must be honest and with high level of integrity
- Good reporting and analyzing skills
- Leadership skills
- Ability to work in a team and independently.
- Good Interpersonal & Communication skills
- Attention to detail.
- Good organization and administrative skills
- Business letters & report writing skills
Closing Date : 2 June. 2023
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ksh10000000 KES 0-ksh10000000 Month
- Address Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya