The Aga Khan Academies are an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN). The AKDN is a group of development agencies with mandates that include the environment, health, education, architecture, culture, microfinance, rural development, disaster reduction, the promotion of private-sector enterprise and the revitalisation of historic cities. AKDN agencies conduct their programmes without regard to faith, origin or gender. In 2000, His Highness the Aga Khan initiated the establishment of the Aga Khan Academies, an integrated network of schools to be located in countries across Africa, South and Central Asia, and the Middle East. When complete, the network of Academies will form a global learning community of about 18 schools in 14 countries. They will eventually serve approximately 14,000 girls and boys of exceptional calibre, graduating 1,500 students annually.
The Aga Khan Academy, Nairobi – Junior School welcomes applications from dedicated and enthusiastic professional educators for the following position effective November/ December, 2021.
CREATIVE ARTS COORDINATOR (LOCAL)
The Creative Arts Coordinator will work with the PYP Coordinator and Head Teacher to develop the Creative Arts department at the Aga Khan Academy Nairobi, Junior School. The Coordinator will coordinate the development of the visual arts, dance and drama curriculum documents while monitoring the curriculum delivery and assessment. S/He will also be involved in strategic planning of the department, encompassing resourcing, professional development, event planning and organization.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Fine Arts with experience in the other creative Arts.
- 5 years’ teaching experience in an international school
- Teachers Service Commission (TSC) registration certificate
- Certificate of good conduct.
Essential Job Functions
- Developing and monitoring the implementation of the Creative Arts curriculum
- Assisting in development of budgets for projects and on-going activities for the Creative Arts department
- Ensuring s/he is up to date and well informed about developments and changes in the Creative Arts curriculum
- Update of the Creative Art library and resources
- Observe and evaluate student work to determine student progress or to make suggestions for improvement while providing feedback throughout the lesson
- Designs the lessons for students and achieve the goals as accordingly
- May direct planning and supervision of student contests and arranging for Art events i.e. Art Exhibitions, Musicals, PYP Exhibition etc.
- Organizes and accompanies students on field trips to Museums and Art galleries.
How to Apply
Closing Date : 12 November. 2021
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ksh10000000 KES 0-ksh10000000 Month
- Address Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya