The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is an international organization driven by the vision of a world without malnutrition. OUR METHODOLOGY / At GAIN, we believe that no one sector alone can solve the complex problem of malnutrition. We work closely with partners including governments, civil society, businesses, UN agencies, and academic institutions to develop programs that deliver large-scale and locally relevant solutions to malnutrition in more than 30 countries.
Location: Marsabit or Isiolo Counties, Kenya
Salary: Starting from KES 1,877,145 – 2,142,226 per annum (dependent on experience)
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Duration: 24 Months
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is seeking a Project Associate who will provide business development expertise to support SME’s as part of the USAID funded “Nutrition in ASALs Within Integrated Resilient Institutions” Project (NAWIRI). This role is offered on an initial 24-month contract basis and can be carried out in either Marsabit or Isiolo Counties in Kenya.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially the most vulnerable to malnutrition.
About the Role
Reporting to the Project Manager, you will provide technical expertise to develop SME businesses. You will be responsible for identifying, selecting and supporting the business to process, market and sell safe and nutritious food to consumers in Isiolo and Marsabit counties.
Specific Responsibilities include;
- Supporting all aspects relevant to the contract and procurement process, including the prequalification, preparation, assessment of applications and award of purchase orders/contracts including contracts administration
- Conducting pre-grant and post-grant due diligence on the project’s shortlisted businesses
- Conducting regular visits to grantee working location to verify actual status
- Supporting the business in product development and market expansion
- Participating and contributing to development and implementation of project work plans
- Assisting the project manager by monitoring the project progress against project workplan and budget.
- Collecting, documenting, collating, and analysing project data for monitoring and management information purposes.
- Maintaining crucial project documents to track project progress.
- Identifying any potential issues or risks that could affect the progression of the project and working with the Project Manager to identify potential solutions.
You should have good experience in the agri-food sector in Kenya, and be able to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders to develop solutions within this space. You must have experience in business development, especially business planning, as well as finance (SME finance, grant funding management etc) and the contract management process from requisition and tendering through to award and close out. It would be desirable for you to have experience of public / private partnerships and private sector experience, especially in the ASAL region and/or a strong understanding of supply chain analysis. In addition, you should hold at minimum a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Entrepreneurship & SME Management and/or equivalent work experience. A diploma or equivalent certification in project management or business administration would be advantageous
How to Apply
Closing Date : 3 November. 2021
- Salary Offer 0 ~ Ksh10000000 KES 0-ksh10000000 Month
- Address Marsabit, Isiolo Counties, Kenya